IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not to worry, Box. Israel is in no danger.
Past attempts to bring down have failed and it's only gotten stronger.

The problem is what it is doing with that strength. It is using it to rob others of their freedom, dignity, and even their lives to get their land. And, the Israelis of moral conscience that know better have been silenced. That's the tragedy.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New question
since Israel has given up land to the PA for Oslo accords what land are they trying to get?
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Re: question
The occupied areas, i.e. land outside of Israel as established by UN in 1948. That includes East Jerusalem and all those places with settlements in Gaza and the West Bank.

Now, maybe there are some win/win agreements that can be made to change some boundaries. Nothing wrong with that. For one thing they need a land link between Gaza and West Bank. Just get the Palestinians to sign off on the deal. And, they need to have a sovereign state to make it legal.

Using military might to indefinitely hold or annex the occupied areas has been the major source of friction. Not to mention illegal under the [link|http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/92.htm|Geneva Convention.]

Article 47

Protected persons who are in occupied territory shall not be deprived, in any case or in any manner whatsoever, of the benefits of the present Convention by any change introduced, as the result of the occupation of a territory, into the institutions or government of the said territory, nor by any agreement concluded between the authorities of the occupied territories and the Occupying Power, nor by any annexation by the latter of the whole or part of the occupied territory.
There are UN resolutions about this as well.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New So the Brit Occupation of Northern Ireland is illegal?
this is fun. So only since the geneva was signed, ok when does Saipan go back? China has no right to Taiwan and the Taiwan Chinese have no right to the Island either. Tibet must be returned and Alaskan native entities must have sovreignty even though the treaty was made in 1970 and broken immediately and the USSC refuses to recognise said sovreignty said Judgement written by Thomas the Mute. Jordan must be in charge of the west bank then since they were the Sovreign government during the 67 war. The PA doesnt appear to be run by hashemite King? What gives? Ya think the Geneva convention applies? Why? Is the PLO and Israel signatories to that treaty? How can a treaty of and by itself be enforced againsts non participatory non signers? I make a treaty with you to steal from the other guy, is that enforceable? Only with guns.
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Sorry, I am not authorized to solve all of worlds problems.
The State of Israel is a creation of the UN and if you had followed the link the Geneva Conventions conform to the UN Charter. To say the Geneva Conventions do not apply to Israel is to say that Arabs have the right to reclaim the land. You might say it would be pro-Hamas.

Trust me, the Geneva Conventions were not written to hamstring, if you'll pardon the pun, Israel.

So is it the rule of (world) law or the rule of the gun? There's pros and cons to each.

Salem Aleikum, er Shalom!
Alex

An Old Story Anti-Semitism, past and present - (bluke) - (8)
         Xenophobia is everywhere. And everywhere denied. - (Ashton)
         ho hum, those that want to kill us are almost as bad as - (boxley) - (6)
             Not to worry, Box. Israel is in no danger. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 question - (boxley) - (3)
                     Re: question - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         So the Brit Occupation of Northern Ireland is illegal? - (boxley) - (1)
                             Sorry, I am not authorized to solve all of worlds problems. - (a6l6e6x)
             Re: ...the last plane in - (a6l6e6x)

I'm sure I've heard those last 3 lines in an unsavoury movie.
43 ms