IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't let DB2 scare you off.
If you've used SQL with Access, as I believe you have, then you know quite a bit. You can learn the environment and tool stuff. All but the finer SQL points will match. Besides, a job that only uses what you know is not the best for your professional growth.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New DB2 doesn't scare me off
I could learn it, I have an open mind, it is just that they were looking for experience in it. I think at one time IBM offered a DB2 trial/demo for Linux, I should have taken them up on it back when.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Why should DB2 scare anyone off?
It's a decent database. Has some neat E-Z-2-use front end tools, too. (But I've only seen it on NT, I'd rather have a real command line SQL interpreter than the touchy feely graphical stuff. :=)
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Just another SQL language to me
I could learn it, give the time. Since I already know Oracle and SQL Server and MySQl it should be a snap to learn DB2.
New A snap?
Naw, I don't think it'd quite be a snap, but it wouldn't be too hard.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Yeh, you get more money if it's not a snap. :)
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
     I got a bunch of leads - (orion) - (6)
         Don't let DB2 scare you off. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
             DB2 doesn't scare me off - (orion)
             Why should DB2 scare anyone off? - (wharris2) - (3)
                 Just another SQL language to me - (nking) - (2)
                     A snap? - (wharris2) - (1)
                         Yeh, you get more money if it's not a snap. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

A colonoscopy, while eerily similar, is probably better than politics.
45 ms