IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New In three months my house will be gone
as I would not be able to afford the house payment. Not unless I get at least a part-time job?

If I get a job in January, that would be fine. If not I don't know what I can do. I have to settle the 401K plan as well and move it to another 401K. I am going on my wife's insurance, it is cheaper than the COBRA they offered me.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New DO YOU GET UNEMPLOYMENT?
If so, then that's something that can at least help a little.

If not, that means you were terminated instead of laid off most likely - and then I would recommend talking to a lawyer.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Not sure, I just applied for it
on friday. They are processing it. $1K a month for unemployment, my house payment is more than that. Work said they would not contest it, but I didn't get that in writing. They were in a hurry to let me go for some reason. They have ads in the paper for new positions and one of them would replace my old one. So I think they had planed to get rid of my position and hire someone else in the start of 2002.

So far it is too early to tell if I am going to get unemployment. Someone else who was in almost the same positon I was, but he got let go last year, he at first didn't get unemployment but had to fight for it and finally won. Right now he has to work two 40+ hour fast food jobs a week to make ends meet, and his wife divorced him in the process. But he only had like 8 months experience in the IS field, where I have over 10 years experience. I think that makes me more marketable. I still keep in contact with him via email, I think he got a raw deal.

New Love the .sig!

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Use it if you like
I am allowing it to become public domain. :)

New Check out the job shops, too
Sorry to hear about your loss of steady income, but not about your loss of aggravation! Face it, while a steady income is quite handy, you DID hate the place. I was in the same boat about 5 years ago., but with only 1 year IT experience. I took a temporary step back, but only a year after leaving hell, I was making more money doing better work for nicer people. To this day I thank the gods above that I "didn't fit in" at the hell job.

While searching for real employment, check out the temporary shops (RHI, Manpower, etc.) It's an income, and the pay can be pretty nice while the job lasts. Who knows, it could also turn into a permanent position. Lots of companies are using temp shops as a "try before you buy" HR process.

Good luck and hang in there.

Brian Bronson
New UI pays 875 per month mtg 1550 oops:)
UI will cover my bankrupcy filing fees, I will then be able to take a job paying 16.50 an hr and laugh all the way to the bank!
rather not though,
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
     Cancel Christmas, I am now uninstalled - (orion) - (23)
         Commiserations - (pwhysall)
         Look at it this way... - (Yendor) - (3)
             ASP.NET - (orion) - (2)
                 3 years old? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Actually he does have an interest - (orion)
         Serious bummer - maybe... - (imric)
         Here's hopping things will improve. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Maybe I can find something? - (orion)
         Savor the feeling of relief a while longer - (Ashton)
         Laid off? - (inthane-chan)
         What do YOU want to do? - (tseliot) - (4)
             Good question - (orion) - (3)
                 About complaining - (mhuber) - (2)
                     Thanks for your wise advice - (orion)
                     Actually good advice, Mike. - (a6l6e6x)
         Take a vacation - (tuberculosis) - (7)
             In three months my house will be gone - (orion) - (6)
                 DO YOU GET UNEMPLOYMENT? - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                     Not sure, I just applied for it - (orion) - (3)
                         Love the .sig! -NT - (imric) - (1)
                             Use it if you like - (orion)
                         Check out the job shops, too - (bbronson)
                     UI pays 875 per month mtg 1550 oops:) - (boxley)

My name's Friday. I carry a badge.
73 ms