IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes. And. a nearby tower is good for you!
It allows your cell phone to broadcast a weaker signal for a given (signal/noise ratio) situation. Many cell phones have at least two signal levels for broadcasting - e.g. 0.6 watts and 3 watts. If you're close to the tower, the lower transmit strength is adequate. That means it is less likely to affect to your body. It makes a difference to your cell phone's battery life as well.

Those "signal bars" on the cell phone displays aren't just of peripheral interest. They influence your cell phone's behavior.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Love. It.
Indeed the celfones are quite cleverer than those users with now permanent indentations in the ear area. Can implants be more than a hop, $kip and a jump - away?
     Is a cell phone tower dangerous in a residential area? - (bluke) - (14)
         In my neighborhood - (jbrabeck)
         Sure; it could fall on someone. - (FuManChu)
         No. - (pwhysall)
         GMAFB! - (n3jja)
         Not as dangerous as HDTV towers. - (mmoffitt)
         If it encourages more cell phone use while driving it is! -NT - (imric)
         Well, let me answer from an engineering stand point. - (folkert)
         The phone next to your ear is more dangerous. - (static) - (5)
             Re: The phone next to your ear is more dangerous. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 *You'd* probably need council approval, though. :-) - (static) - (1)
                     It's called "planning permission" here. - (pwhysall)
             Yes. And. a nearby tower is good for you! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Love. It. - (Ashton)
         Only when it falls over - (lincoln)

Did I already say great googly moogly?
166 ms