IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Clearly you do not accept Paul's authority.
And I can see you've already had extensive discussions about that, so you'll have to excuse me if I seem ignorant of their content (well, I am, since I hadn't followed them).

However, you raise another interesting point: Why do you call Paul a prophet?

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New I dont
since he fails the test of a "true" prophet. He is not consistant, he breaks mosaic law (only matters if he was a jew) Jesus was a prophet since he did miracles, did not advocate breaking the law and preached the things all prophets preach, live G_d's word do not just give the appearance of G_d's word. Now Paul(Saul) claims to interpret Jesus in an entirely different manner than the rest of the Aposles and faught with them about it and won. Christians say he was correct and the others were not. That is fine. Al I can say by the prophet rule laid down by G_d is that he is false. IMHO
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
New But you didn't answer my question.
Who is calling Paul a "prophet"? I'm not. Nor does the Christian teaching I subscribe to: we call him an Apostle. So why the concern over his failing the "prophet test"?

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New sorry missed the question
we have prophets that give us directions and a messiah that will signify (something or other) we dont have apostles that is a gentile thing devised since the NT. We had prophets(leaders) until Saul where we whined for a King like the other heathens. Since we are human we wanted a warrior leader liked the clowns around us. G_d was indulgent because he needed to teach us a lesson. We are held to a different standard. I dont know what "authority" Paul/Saul had as it was self imposed and followed in defiance of G_d's word but since it is mostly Gentiles that follow him. It really has no bearing to me so should not expound too much on it. G_ds plan for the Gentiles is not really addressed in the OT and between the Koran, NT and the other religions the aim is the same. Dont wear yer religion on yer sleeve but in yer heart. Big deeds always beat big words and give the other feller yer shirt if he needs it more than you but dont fsck with anyone.
Feerless brought up a subject that some Christians beleive G_d's covenant with the Jews was broken with the death of Jesus(and he noted that he wasnt one with them) G_d doesnt break his word or he wouldnt be G_d. The Christian notion of G_d will condemn all those who do not recognise as G_d Jesus forget a couple of things. The ten commandments for one.
There is one God (except for his son who called on the cross for his father but no one can see his face but him and some ghost is the same guy) cant go there. I know that there is an explanation from (Paul) of course that explains all that but 1 is one, no one knows his name and if he has a ghost the OT doenst mention it. I am glad that you are a beleiving gentile, that gives you a moral code of some kind to live by just like ash has one. The scary people are the animal folk who beleive nothing and have no internal fair play system or ethics.
thanx,
bill
thanx,
bill_
can I have my ones and zeros back?
     Jefferson Bible [Fixed] - (JayMehaffey) - (95)
         Please edit link - it's not working. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         The NT according to Ox - (boxley) - (91)
             At last - a useable translation! - (Ashton) - (90)
                 that part was always hard to figure - (boxley) - (89)
                     Query. - (static) - (87)
                         Long thread on slezyboard - (boxley) - (86)
                             Ah. Thanks. -NT - (static) - (85)
                                 heres the part Paul was not born a Jew - (boxley) - (84)
                                     Don't take it completely out of isolation. - (static) - (8)
                                         not to steal Nicks arg but - (boxley) - (4)
                                             Clearly you do not accept Paul's authority. - (static) - (3)
                                                 I dont - (boxley) - (2)
                                                     But you didn't answer my question. - (static) - (1)
                                                         sorry missed the question - (boxley)
                                         More info for you on Paul - (orion) - (2)
                                             Interesting excerpts. Thanks. -NT - (static) - (1)
                                                 You are most welcome - (orion)
                                     Bad example - (Fearless Freep) - (74)
                                         Spiritiual Jews? - (orion) - (73)
                                             Just multiply 'your take' by the total number - (Ashton)
                                             Doesn't to me - (Fearless Freep) - (71)
                                                 Part of the reason is that we have been - (boxley) - (70)
                                                     I agree somewhat - (orion) - (61)
                                                         Practically speaking - (Fearless Freep)
                                                         Misread - (Fearless Freep) - (9)
                                                             slight disagreement - (boxley) - (8)
                                                                 Don't agree - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                                                                     he claimed he was G_d? - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                         Sure - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                                                                             that was chuck's favorite phrase too. - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                 Pretty far fetched - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                                                                                     ya dont know too many mystics do ya - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                         Back on track? - (Fearless Freep)
                                                                         Re: he claimed he was G_d? - (Fearless Freep)
                                                         this might clear up a few misconceptions - (boxley) - (49)
                                                             Huh? - (Fearless Freep) - (48)
                                                                 sorry I was to terse in prior post - (boxley) - (47)
                                                                     How will you know a true messiah? - (orion) - (1)
                                                                         Re: How will you know a true messiah? - (bluke)
                                                                     Re: sorry I was to terse in prior post - (Fearless Freep) - (44)
                                                                         When you are skeptical of anyone - (orion) - (16)
                                                                             "The Dwarves are for the Dwarves" - (Fearless Freep)
                                                                             easy stuff - (boxley) - (14)
                                                                                 So um.... :) - (Fearless Freep) - (13)
                                                                                     need all of them and be decended from David - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                                         Re: need all of them and be decended from David - (Fearless Freep) - (10)
                                                                                             no problemo - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                                 Jesus is supposed to come back - (orion) - (4)
                                                                                                     If you look at every religion - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                                         Sorry but... - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                                                                                             Everyone is entitled to their own opinions - (orion)
                                                                                                         This is the way it is in the world - (orion)
                                                                                             Re: need all of them and be decended from David - (bluke) - (3)
                                                                                                 Re: need all of them and be decended from David - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                                                                                                     With all due respect... - (bluke) - (1)
                                                                                                         Nonsense. - (addison)
                                                                                     What is the basis for the Second Coming? - (bluke)
                                                                         thats not the problem - (boxley) - (26)
                                                                             Ah. - (static) - (25)
                                                                                 No I believe he rose from the dead - (boxley) - (24)
                                                                                     At least you believe that - (orion) - (1)
                                                                                         like elijah and moses - (boxley)
                                                                                     Huh? - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                                                                                         my bad I was thinking of Elijah and assumed moses - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                             In the NT, Jesus spoke with both of them - (orion) - (2)
                                                                                                 Re: In the NT, Jesus spoke with both of them - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                                                                                     Conference call with Moses and Elijah - (orion)
                                                                                     Uh. Right. - (static) - (16)
                                                                                         The Brothers Karamazov covers aspects of this too... :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                         question - (boxley) - (14)
                                                                                             Re: question - (Fearless Freep) - (12)
                                                                                                 the law that G_d handed down - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                                                     Also don't forget - (orion) - (2)
                                                                                                         not new but went back home -m -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                             Went back home - (orion)
                                                                                                     Sorry - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                                                                                                         Amen to that! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                                                                         kinda sorta this is what I was looking for - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                                             Good advice for anyone IMO - (Steve Lowe)
                                                                                                             That's the problem - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
                                                                                                                 must have missed something - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                                                     Some links. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                                         I see he was foretelling his resurection - (boxley)
                                                                                             Answer. - (static)
                                                     Nope - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                                                         Well, that's the general human condition - (mhuber) - (6)
                                                             Trivial - (Fearless Freep) - (5)
                                                                 hey Im a miracle! -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                     So am I then. - (orion) - (2)
                                                                         Then in truth - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                             I get what life and G_d gives me - (orion)
                                                                 Heh.. nicely put :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                     Re: that part was always hard to figure - (Fearless Freep)
         Curious and yet familiar, all the same. - (static) - (1)
             "Either God or a Bad Man" ... - (Fearless Freep)

* tilly wonders what the upper limit on the length of a /topic is.
* tilly suspects that we are about to find out.
118 ms