IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeap.
Java is pretty decent for server-side stuff. Not the best, but it's better than VB, C++, or the like.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New That's where I'm getting murdered...
Bloody swing is a pile of dog bullocks, the only thing that makes it bearable is that it's easier to use than what came before it.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New We hear you
Swing is a pile. I recently did a widget for our dev product - its a graphical programming widget similar to prograph. I found it easier to just learn the Java2D drawing prims, register for all the events, and do everything (drawing, event dispatch, etc) myself. It was the only way to get decent performance I think.

But I also agree with Bryce's assertion that linking protocol to type is a stupid carryover from C++.

Java blows on a lot of levels.
New LOLMAO
Well, you gotta admit that Swing is better than the rotting Limburger cheese chunks that makes up the Win32 API.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Yup.
I wrote a Win32 API app once. I think that's all that needs to be said about that.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Oh, I don't know
At least after the pain the thing performs (although sometimes oddly).
     I am really beginning to HATE Java. - (inthane-chan) - (12)
         Write once, run everywhere? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
             I did - (tablizer) - (3)
                 The basic concept, IMO is sane... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     it is a matter of hiding details - (tablizer) - (1)
                         I am so totally the wrong person to argue with you about... - (inthane-chan)
         Anyone who likes Java obviously doesn't do GUI's - (tseliot) - (6)
             Yeap. - (admin) - (5)
                 That's where I'm getting murdered... - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                     We hear you - (tuberculosis)
                     LOLMAO - (wharris2) - (2)
                         Yup. - (inthane-chan)
                         Oh, I don't know - (tuberculosis)

No, you didn't. You came here for an argument!
125 ms