IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I assume you meant "if you *still* have to study it"
There's art, and there's good pictures. I can take good pictures, and I once studied how. It's actually a very teachable skill: fill the frame, don't center the subject[1], put the sun behind you instead of the subject, etc. For the majority of people who have never really thought about the "rules" of composition, it's incredibly easy to get significant improvement.

[1] Wha? That's right: Don't center the subject. Most candid snapshots are of people. Put the faces in the center of the frame and you'll have two inches of uninteresting background above their heads every time.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New No - it was sarcasm referring to . .
. . the tendancy of "artistes" to "forget" all the years of study (by book, by imitation and by trial and error) that lead to their skill which they now claim as a natural talent.

Of course, at the top end the natural talent certainly does come to play. Leonardo da Vinci (a certified genius) defined genius as "being able to do easily what others can not do at all". In contrast, Thomas Edison, a person of distinctly lesser genius but with a tremendous talent for marketing and exploiting the work of others, defined it as "one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration".
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Digital photography - where to get started? - (pwhysall) - (33)
         Heh - when you find it, be sure to let me know. - (CRConrad) - (3)
             Re: Heh - when you find it, be sure to let me know. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 One of my final candidates too. So, when did you get yours? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     In Dublin, circa 8 Jan 2005. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Let me see, what's its name: PHOTOGRAPHY - (folkert) - (19)
             Does it have the same silly-retro styling, too?(jus'wondrin) -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 Please Re-Iterate in more 'Murican Slang please. -NT - (folkert) - (3)
                     That "exterior accented by leather-grained rubber panels"... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         Dunno - (folkert) - (1)
                             Ah, yes, of course. Sorry, forgot about those. -NT - (CRConrad)
             "even my wife"? - (broomberg) - (3)
                 And Greg, what'll ya pay for us NOT to show her this thread? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     She can read it for all I care. -NT - (folkert)
                 She was a... - (folkert)
             OBviously you've got one of THOSE. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 What does that have to do with the price of Canola Oil? -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                     Which is a very important commodity to keep track of... -NT - (CRConrad)
             I agree - (Steven A S)
             Well, yeah . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 I assume you meant "if you *still* have to study it" - (drewk) - (1)
                     No - it was sarcasm referring to . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Believe it or not - (Steven A S) - (2)
                     The Pentax I bought allows ISO settings too. - (folkert) - (1)
                         Heh, me too. - (pwhysall)
         Dunno for sure. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Nice to see someone's still sane around here. Thanks, Scott! -NT - (CRConrad)
         jus 'cause its digital doesnt mean that physics doesnt apply - (daemon) - (2)
             Who the F ever said it did? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 What F stop was that again? -NT - (jbrabeck)
         I presume you read it's manual? - (static)
         couple of suggestions - (cforde)
         Re: Digital photography - where to get started? - (bepatient) - (1)
             Re: Digital photography - where to get started? - (n3jja)

Well, I should say!
57 ms