IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Celebration of Washington and Lincoln's birthdays combined
and like the others have said, it's mostly an excuse for government workers to have an extra day off. Lucky for me government workers includes military folks.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New Ditto the lucky for me
As contractor, I get Govt holidays also. But lose on days like "Turkey overdose recovery day"
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New The birthdays were combined when Martin Luther King, Jr's...
birthday was made a holiday. The Lincoln birthday had been celebrated on Feb 12 and Washington's on Feb 22. Naturally there were folks that made sure the total number of holidays in a year didn't increase.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Eh?
[link|http://www.elivermore.com/calendar/calendar.htm|Calendar] (reformatted):

President's Day Third Monday of February

Observance of Lincoln's and Washington's birthdays. These were celebrated separately as federal holidays until 1971, when they were combined as President's day.

[link|http://www.imahero.com/readingprogram/martinlutherking.html|MLK Day]:

On November 3, 1983, President Ronald Reagan signed the bill establishing the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Holiday. The King Holiday was first observed on January 20, 1986.

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New You're right for Federal holidays.
I must be remenbering state holidays. [link|http://www.snopes.com/holidays/presidents/presidents.asp|Snopes]:
Although Lincoln's Birthday had never been designated as a federal holiday, it was observed as a state holiday in many parts of the country. However, after additional federal holidays were created for Columbus Day and the Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. (in 1971 and 1986, respectively), some states dropped the observance of Lincoln's Birthday as a separate holiday in order to maintain a fixed number of paid holidays per year.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New I have a dim recollection of things like that. Thanks.
     It's President's Day. - (pwhysall) - (18)
         That was yesterday - and what we do is . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
             I had the day off as well. Enjoyed it. :-) -NT - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                 Spent the whole weekend studying for my Security+ cert. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                     Still on the treadmill? *sympathy* - (pwhysall) - (5)
                         Oh, hell yeah. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                             Crossing what needs to be crossed for you. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                 Didn't work out. :P -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                     Sorry about that. Keep at it. Luck next go-round! -NT - (Another Scott)
                 ditto -NT - (SpiceWare)
                 For the rest of us the key benefit - (tuberculosis)
             Oh? Is that why he came over here then? -NT - (scoenye)
         Celebration of Washington and Lincoln's birthdays combined - (Steven A S) - (5)
             Ditto the lucky for me - (jbrabeck)
             The birthdays were combined when Martin Luther King, Jr's... - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                 Eh? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     You're right for Federal holidays. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         I have a dim recollection of things like that. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

Penguin : <Bird, FurBearing, Swimmer, LandDweller, Diurnal>
181 ms