IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Depends upon how they were "released".
If neither the DoJ nor the defense send the names to the media, how will people find out who they are?

Now, if the DoJ doesn't do it, what purpose would the defense have to it?

Unless............
The detainment goes on and so forth.

Then the defense starts talking to the media about problems in the judicial system.

BTW, shouldn't there be a ruling or something about law enforcement releasing names of SUSPECTS to the media PRIOR to any trials?

New That last antecedes the Ashcroft Covenant.
The UK folk have much stricter (and enforced) rules about pretrial via paparazzi. The norm here has been Condit Cuntumely, since I can recall.

I'd think that, to change this attitude is likely impossible; we prefer gossip -and immediately!- much more than we care about the plight of the mere person (less'n it's *Me*) and his/her next chances - trying to survive here.

And if little kids don't explore these consequences first-hand in school: like say, experience that whispering campaign amongst the clique s/he's not a member of?

Well then.. we get Columbines (for the early pissed-off) and we get Condits and (the guy with the satchel, at the Olympics bombing: destroyed and only quite belatedly ... ... apologized to. Remember?)

Guess I conclude that, only a tiny minority of Muricans understand and revere (?) the wisdom within and between the lines of the Constitution. Most just periodically wave it like The Flag, for dramatic effect. Ashcroft, Condit, OJ, the Bill C. 'Impeachment' Show - all demonstrate what Muricans really 'believe' in - simplistic EZ slogans and infotainment, not er Principles.

My hope is that Ashcroft runs with it.. so far and so fast that, even the Mall Shoppers will pause -in mid-CC-retrieval- and look around at the Disappeared* and the disappearing personal Rights. [??]

* we can learn something from Argentina, Chile et al about The Disappeared. (At least the few Muricans who know shit about - even where those countries are located?)

Ashcroft: litmus test for (any) remaining Consciousness.

Ashton
     Ashcroft wants to withhold names of detainees - (marlowe) - (16)
         Well, this is fscking ingenious! - (jb4) - (3)
             Agreed on habeus corpus. - (a6l6e6x)
             I was thinking of this the other day. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 (Nice sig...wish I knew for sure what the answer is...) -NT - (jb4)
         Just to play devil's advocate... - (bbronson) - (11)
             Nobody would >ever< resort to #5, right? - (bepatient) - (4)
                 Beep, have you no shame? - (Ashton) - (3)
                     None at all... - (bepatient) - (2)
                         Umm OK. I forgot the :-\ufffd - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Knew that... - (bepatient)
             Sure it's simple... - (jb4) - (4)
                 I disagree re: #3, but what about #5? - (bbronson) - (3)
                     And #5 is the problem. -NT - (bepatient)
                     Depends upon how they were "released". - (Brandioch) - (1)
                         That last antecedes the Ashcroft Covenant. - (Ashton)
             #5 may be a lesser evil... - (marlowe)

I was all upset until I remembered I'm on Verizon and it doesn't fucking matter anyway.
40 ms