IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New CVS browser?
I have access to a huge CVS repository at work. I don't know what exactly is in the repository or where it is. I would like to just be able to browse the CVS repository to see what is where etc. without having to bring any files to my local machine (the repository is huge) So far, I haven't found any way to do this. All the CVS client tools that I have seen provide no browsing capability whatsoever, they all assume that you know exactly what you want and where it is. Is there such a client for CVS which will allow me to browse the repository without forcing me to checkout the whole repository locally?
New CVSWEB
Is the only such tool I know of - but you have to set it up on the CVS server I think.

Given my preferences, I just check out whole repositories and browse away using emacs, grep, vi, whatever...

If you're disk constrained, check out a couple sub directories and then blow them away before checking out others.

After all, any CVS browser is going to have to copy the file you're browsing to your machine anyhow so its not like you'll save big time by not checking the stuff out.
New Platform?
I've only really played with WinCVS - it seemed to have a vast number of geegaws and stuff .

WinCVS (www.wincvs.org) has a feature called "recursive browsing" - is this what you're after?

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Windows or Solaris
I have WinCVS, but WinCVS requires me to check out the files first. I have access to a huge repository ansd unfortunately I don't know exactly where all the files I need are. I would like to browse the repository find just those files and check them out.
New CVSROOT/modules
If you don't know where to start, start with

cvs co CVSROOT

then look at file CVSROOT/modules. That may give you some insights into what's available.

[edit] I was just told that "cvs co -c" gives you a list of all modules w/o the need to check out modules file
Expand Edited by Arkadiy Nov. 28, 2001, 12:43:03 PM EST
Expand Edited by Arkadiy Nov. 28, 2001, 12:44:52 PM EST
New Your sig
...could be optimized by a word.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New tkcvs
Get it [link|http://www.twobarleycorns.net/tkcvs.html|here]. Had it on Linux. Works great. Get tkdiff, too, for real usefulness. (Hmm, their homepage says it's included in the download.)
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
     CVS browser? - (bluke) - (6)
         CVSWEB - (tuberculosis)
         Platform? - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Windows or Solaris - (bluke) - (1)
                 CVSROOT/modules - (Arkadiy)
             Your sig - (kmself)
         tkcvs - (drewk)

OK, I know most of those words...
47 ms