If that is somewhat 'demonstrably true' - I mean ~ that someone has taken the time to say, try to crash BOTH native base-98-load on Intel + identical nastiness to an Apple running VPC (??)

WHY - surely that information could.. be a final nail in coffin - for the very many who have had it with Windoze, especially their licensing - and quite irrationally but Most-sanely: with Billy n'Bally!

No?

ie IF.. you have this One or maybe Three Windoze aps which simply - you must use AND you despise having-to: how much of a hardware-cost premium (+ VPC and other Apple-only additional s/ware) might you be willing to pay, to become Free At Last from the entire Evil Empire?

Linux is of course the direction many believe, hope might accomplish the same end via creeping gradualism, refinement of StarOffice et al - constant fixing of the intentionally sabotaged file formats and other lock-ins..

But Linux scares the folks who most need surcease from the "up"grades and don't know shit about ANY of the platforms - and haven't much understanding of such issues as, "ownership of your own data VS M$ ownership of it all" and related conundra.

Apple should also appeal to those thoroughly steeped in the religious dogma of Capitalism: a place to 'own' the logo AND a place to BLAME - if/when it goes wrong. (Even - a left-handed way to dis them long-haired Commyunist Linux Loosers AND STILL: diss the Evil Empire!)

So IF.. there are such data (re stability, compatibility = demonstrable overall performance of VPC on Apple) - should this not be [ugh] fucking marketed to a fare-thee well ???

(I can already think of two local businesses who might want to run with this.. after a little investigation)

I mean: THIS is NEWS! Ain't it ??

Ashton
who still remembers the resentment generated by the insufferable young-twit Jobs -- now merely an insufferable older-twit and.. heavier. And especially: the arrogant pricing and *service when they thought They had a 'monopoly' in GUIs (all stolen from Xerox-Parc as all know).

(And Andy et al will describe how it was all along - to BE an Apple Dealer. I'll bet that THIS feeling has hardly disappeared, out there?)

Always - it's a trade-off when dealing with the mercantile mind, the greedy entrepreneur: ALL of them. {sigh}