For every quote of caselaw evidence they show to support the very thought of what they point out, I can probably bring out 2+ caselaw evidence that object to every point they bring up.

Right to Travel != Driver's License.

Right to Travel is a term that means of conveyance to one location from another, be it Walking, Riding a horse, Driving a car, riding in a car, riding in a bus, riding in an airplane, without those <voice type="1940's Gestapo">Your Papers, give them to me!</voice> people stopping you at any event without cause.

A Driver's License is a certificate you have at least passed some form of testing to estimate/guage you ability to drive a vehicle without reasonably causing undue cost in the licensing procedures, and minimizing the "I didn't know about that" syndrome in regards to Traffic Laws and Regulations.

There in, is the difference.

[0] Yes, I agree, Horses will not go where stupid IDIOT human being will without a second thought. Thereby appearing to be smarter, whereas it just self-preservation kicking in.

[1] I also agree, there are far to many people that should have had a *DRIVING* test before being allowed to get a Driving Permit, which has requirements on length of time and logging of driving with another Licensed Driver built into it. Once the requirements for the Permit is fulfilled, they CAN get a Driver's License. But they still have to pass a rudimentary written test. Unfortunately in the US this requirement for the Permit only applies to 15-20 year old people.

Most people just take a single simple driving test and a simple written test to be able to get a license. Oh, and being able to see, is a good thing, if you wear glasses and cannot pass the sight test without the glasses, you must wear them while driving... I can tell you this, my father-in-law NEEDS to wear glasses to be able to see the traffic lights clearly at anything greater than 10-15 feet from them... of course, he despises glasses and won't wear them.

Needless to say, the US has sub-optimal requirements for obtaining a Driver's License.