IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I helped blow out half of downtown Palm Springs once
Marine band was playing. We plugged too much of the sound system into one circuit. Oops.

The 220 I shorted was while trying to troubleshoot a dryer that wasn't working. Was testing from the supply to the thermostat and accidentally touched both hot ends of the supply with one probe. The probe was cut in half, leaving about a half-inch of the tip welded to the leads.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Funniest one here . . .
. . Trudy, a sometimes assistant back in the 486 days, was accustomed to seeing me finish assembly of PCs while they were running - so did the same on one. While putting mounting screws into a floppy drive she didn't notice the screwdriver passed very close to the contacts of the on-off switch.

KAPOW!! Blew a big notch in the screwdriver, the motherboard fried, the main chip on the video card exploded into fragments, the cpu chip burst and the monitor billowed smoke. Only the disk drives and memory survived.

Now this stuff was expensive back then, but I think the expression on Trudy's face was worth every penny as was future use of the phrase "It's been Trudyized".
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Do we know Trudy under another name?
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New No.
Rose is extremely cautious around hardware, and while she can work with it she rarely does.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Newbie - (bionerd) - (94)
         Welcome. - (pwhysall)
         Michigan? On the convoy route? - (drewk) - (48)
             Re: Michigan? On the convoy route? - (bionerd) - (47)
                 He's referring to BeeP bash - (broomberg) - (1)
                     Re: He's referring to BeeP bash - (bionerd)
                 That's a curious thing to say - (drewk) - (17)
                     Re: That's a curious thing to say - (bionerd)
                     Probably means that we don't do actual (real) work. :-) -NT - (ChrisR)
                     That's sad Drook - (broomberg) - (9)
                         I said 90% didn't I? - (drewk) - (8)
                             It is representative of most of the good ones -NT - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                 Woudln't that depend on the job? - (drewk) - (6)
                                     Not that often - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                         Getting a little uppity there, aren't you? - (drewk) - (4)
                                             See what I said about "some organizations" - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                 tiger teams, had the fortune to work on one once - (daemon)
                                                 Same thing where I work. -NT - (admin)
                                                 That's actually my "non-break" job - (FuManChu)
                     Programming is working with abstractions. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Okay, at that level I see what you mean -NT - (drewk)
                     Excuse me - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         Since my explanation in the thread didn't clear this up ... - (drewk) - (1)
                             Because creative \\= abstract - (jake123)
                 Programmers, eh? - (pwhysall) - (14)
                     Where's my soldering iron? - (ChrisR) - (13)
                         Which cable, the power or the ribbon? -NT - (drewk) - (12)
                             All of 'em at once. - (ChrisR) - (11)
                                 Quit before the magic smoke comes out though. Can be tricky. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Networking engineering requires a good sense of smell. -NT - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (FuManChu)
                                 Hey! That's my specialty! - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                     Have you ever blown an inch-wide hole out of a power supply? -NT - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                                         Have you ever shorted across the 220 supply with an ohmeter? -NT - (drewk) - (5)
                                             Nope. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                                                 I helped blow out half of downtown Palm Springs once - (drewk) - (3)
                                                     Funniest one here . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                                         Do we know Trudy under another name? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                             No. - (Andrew Grygus)
                 I'm no programmer either - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Weren't you working on changing that state of affairs? -NT - (FuManChu) - (1)
                         Was thinking about it. - (bepatient)
                 Don't you need abstract thinking in biology? -NT - (Arkadiy) - (8)
                     Re: Don't you need abstract thinking in biology? - (bionerd) - (7)
                         So, can you tell us about your typical time at work? - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                             I thought... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Don't forget the biscuits - (drewk)
                             Do you really want to hear about this? - (bionerd) - (3)
                                 Suggestion - (drewk) - (2)
                                     Been there, done that - (bionerd)
                                     I don't imagine she got where she is... - (Steven A S)
         Welcome - (broomberg) - (25)
             Re: Welcome - (bionerd) - (24)
                 He has past cause... - (ben_tilly) - (23)
                     No I'm not him...I'm a her - (bionerd) - (21)
                         Cool, there is a slight imbalance in these parts.. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                         Men are parasites ;-) - (ben_tilly) - (19)
                             Re: Men are parasites ;-) - (bionerd) - (18)
                                 Why expend more energy? To get more kids. - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                                     A couple of reasons. - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                                         Second point is pretty much pure circular reasoning, AFAICS. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                             We are not talking 'fair' here, we're talking 'survival'. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                             Nature is not PC - (ben_tilly)
                                         Let me address those reasons for strict sexuality - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                                             well if I were a hermaphrodyte I would never leave the house - (daemon) - (10)
                                                 Don't confuse "hermaphroditic" with "flexible"... -NT - (admin)
                                                 It works for nematodes - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                                     Y'all take all the mystery out of procreation - (ChrisR) - (6)
                                                         Out drinking? Reading Jung? Casting a horoscope? -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                         OT: Where TH is Ross anyway? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                             Re: OT: Where TH is Ross anyway? - (Yendor) - (1)
                                                                 Ah. Thanks. Missed that. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                             Atlanta, IIRC. ... Oh, you mean. Well, he ran away. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         I agree - (Nightowl)
                                                     dont have to try, they fight real well (bull sealions) - (daemon)
                                     Exactly -NT - (bionerd)
                     Re: He has past cause... - (Nightowl)
         Hoy - (admin) - (4)
             Ann Arbor- Heck , no! - (bionerd) - (3)
                 My sister went there for a few years. - (admin) - (1)
                     Cow Tipping- - (bionerd)
                 Moo U - (tuberculosis)
         Use Debian - (lincoln)
         welcome, another expert to opine with :-) -NT - (daemon)
         With a handle like "bionerd"... - (FuManChu) - (7)
             My score - (bionerd) - (6)
                 Meh, amateur... - (admin) - (4)
                     Wait until you know me better before calling me an amateur - (bionerd) - (3)
                         Amateur. Raw, rank, unadulterated. - (admin) - (2)
                             Nerd God - (bionerd) - (1)
                                 Yes. -NT - (admin)
                 Your Overlord speaks: - (folkert)
         welcome to the party -NT - (cforde)
         Welcome from another non-IT - (Ashton)
         Welcome! - (jb4)

Ignore the man behind the curtain!
196 ms