That's clever of her - clearly then, her contraption offers a bit more stability during the crucial phase of coming up out of the water: training wheels for a water ski.

One exception to all of the above: Sidecars!

Vincent in particular, featured an eccentric cam on the (parallelogram girder-fork) linkage, so that rake/ thus trail could be altered with a wrench. While I have little experience with a sidehack, and none with the racing kinda uni-morphs.. you 'steer', not countersteer. Tends to freak out the newbie, coming off of solo. (Also vice versa, when one learns on a hack)

I also saw the Gamaunt 'leaning sidecar' in my youth, driven by the designer. In that scheme, where a parallelogram flex-linkage allows the car's lean to follow the bike's lean: you'd be back to counter-steering. (Alas, never got to try it) Note that certain of the Brit monster singles like the Panther, maybe Norton ES-2? featured usual telescopic fixed rake/trail such that - fine for sidehack work; squirrely when ridden solo.. One size does not fit all.

How odd that, even riders.. had some objections to author's explanation vs. "how they thought they were riding!"

Lastly, I am sure (!) that "the moving center" in us (by whatever name) operates much faster than does / can intellect: if you ever try to control even your car: by methodically applying forces to feet, hands, according to your er physics knowledge - you are apt to lose control (especially at speed). Corrections are 'instantaneous' / simultaneous, once that brain has trained-itself. On a motorcycle at speed, it is indeed a ballet of nuanced muscle pressures all around the body. Musicians describe similar exhilaration after a good performance as do cyclists - after clearing Bray Hill at the ton.

Nice you had a chance to find out for yourself Oh.. and survive that exhilaration-fix :-\ufffd

Ashton Geoff Duke