IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Looking for a file copy utility
What I need is the ability to define a search pattern for files that meet specific criteria (wildcards, date created range, last modified etc.), will search thru subdirectories and copy the directory structure along with the marked files but no others.

Like this; Say I want to copy only those files modified after a specific date within a directory tree. The resultant copy should mimic the original directory tree but contain only those files marked for the copy. In other words, every file copied will end up in a directory that itself may be in another, empty parent directory (unless the file was at the root of a drive).

Anyone ever used/heard of a utility that does this? I haven't had any luck in the usual spots (winfiles, tucows etc.)
Sigs? Sigs? We don' need no steenken sigs!
New Re: Looking for a file copy utility
Get cygwin from [link|http://www.cygwin.com/|here], then read [link|http://www.gnu.org/manual/findutils-4.1/html_mono/find.html|this].

Sometimes, the old ways are the best :-)

And in return, I'd like you to find (oh, pun!) for me a utility that will search for files by *attribute* on an NTFS volume - specifically, compressed and encrypted files.
--
Peter
Shill For Hire
New Causes me to recall a particularly powerful Attrib .bat
which in DOS - would lightning-quick, find a file anywhere on the drive; use wildcards to taste IIRC. Somewhere I have it around (not that I know how it would handle long filenames - nor that it applies to your query). Didn't need to serially parse directory structure.

It seemed to illustrate an untapped peculiarity of (?) perhaps the way attribs are dealt with in the lowest DOS er procedures..

A.
     Looking for a file copy utility - (DonRichards) - (2)
         Re: Looking for a file copy utility - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Causes me to recall a particularly powerful Attrib .bat - (Ashton)

NullPointerException
46 ms