IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I can think of a reason
Their projection is that there is no point in considering interstellar travel until we have them because our technology will progress faster than the ships
to get some of us off planet in case a disaster happens that wipes us out before our technology progresses far enough.
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
New Today, interplanetary, _TOMORROW_ the stars...
first things first... *grin*
[link|http://forfree.sytes.net|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Imric already said it
Removing our reliance on Earth preserves us from any likely disaster that looms in the next few millenia.

Removing our reliance on the Sun takes care of any disasters that are likely in the next billion years.

First things first. :-)

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     ET to arrive? - (andread) - (29)
         Sounds like wishful thinking to me - (ben_tilly) - (28)
             A Mighty Big Given -NT - (andread)
             Stretch - (tablizer) - (14)
                 Consider this... - (ben_tilly) - (13)
                     Would tend to be highly punctuated, though - (drewk) - (10)
                         It doesn't take the whole species... - (inthane-chan)
                         Rules out any space travel by daemon -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
                             Pass me a screenwipe. -NT - (pwhysall)
                         That is the appropriate timescale - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                             I can think of a reason - (SpiceWare) - (2)
                                 Today, interplanetary, _TOMORROW_ the stars... - (imric)
                                 Imric already said it - (ben_tilly)
                             Outsource the glory to a robot? - (tablizer) - (2)
                                 Why not? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Plus, read your Vernor Vinge. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                     Reasonable. Unless - (Ashton) - (1)
                         True - (ben_tilly)
             Another question regarding ExtraTs . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                 Sexual reproduction doesn't seem to be the barrier - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                     One theory I've heard of the explosion . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                         I've heard that one as well - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                             Nit: "possible theories" - (drewk) - (7)
                                 'Dream the Possible Dream'___was a bust on Side B -NT - (Ashton)
                                 I don't see the joke - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                     But is it "possibly" a theory? - (drewk) - (4)
                                         Ah. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                             I've got this funny feeling ... - (drewk) - (2)
                                                 {chortle} - (Ashton)
                                                 You'd be wrong about that - (ben_tilly)

Why not just name him Hitler B. Evil?
91 ms