IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Along this vein
We had a Work Group Manager here (low level IT in the Air Force) that was told she needed to clean her hard drive (it was getting full). She came to the LAN office to get a can of pressurized air.

I kid you not.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New And here I was expecting a cutting remark.
One that opens up the vein for inspection, scarring them for life.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Possibly too embarrassed to twit her
(It can be litigious, I hear to tell someone they need to move their pron collection off to a DVD)
New Looking for something with an edge?
Something to cut right to the heart of the matter?
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Sorry
Never was one for abusing the obviously handicapped

But seriously, in the Air Force, people aren't always given jobs for which they are necessarily qualified. In fact, the Air Force decided to put Information Managers (the Air Force equivalent of a secretary) in charge of fixing computer problems. How bad would it be if some of the civilian secretaries out there were put in the same position?
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
Expand Edited by Steven A S Dec. 30, 2004, 08:35:46 AM EST
New Ain't called "Typewriter Attackers" fer nuttin.
The just changed it to "Keyboard Attackers" and added "Computer" to that somewhere.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
Here is an example: [link|http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/|Executing arbitrary commands without Active Scripting or ActiveX when using Windows]
     How to defragment your hard drive. - (inthane-chan) - (9)
         ! -NT - (Another Scott)
         I recommend - (imric)
         And I recently left my laptop overnight to be defragmented! - (Arkadiy)
         Along this vein - (Steven A S) - (5)
             And here I was expecting a cutting remark. - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                 Possibly too embarrassed to twit her - (Ashton)
                 Looking for something with an edge? - (bepatient)
                 Sorry - (Steven A S) - (1)
                     Ain't called "Typewriter Attackers" fer nuttin. - (folkert)

DIRE WOOFS! DIRE WOOFS, YOU ASWIPES!
54 ms