I had a Nissan that had the same problem.

I grabbed a piece of lexan about 1ft sq. custom fit it to the hood and the fender and the fascia on the bottom of the windscreen (windshield for those not in the know). I left the lexan about 1/2" longer than the fascia and then attached the lexan to the with pop rivets to lexan right angle made from scrap, then to the fender (a small 1/8" hole in 2 places is all that is needed). After that I angle cut the Lexan shield to afford the wiper to move over it easily.

Only thing I would have changed, bend a right angle on on side of the piece first, then notch the right angle in the needed places to afford curvature and make it as long a the wiper blade.

YMMV, depending on your "Tool" skills. Sheetmetal working familiarity is a good thing. The better the fit to the hood and fender, the better it'll work.

Even *I* went through 2 revisions, shoulda did a third, but I was gonna sell the car after the Winter, and did. If I'da kept it, I'da done a third revision with the right angle in the longer shield first.