IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sorta reiterates what I said (only better)
Maybe this time the voters chose what they actually want: Nationalism, pre-emptive war, order not justice, "safety" through torture, backlash against women and gays, a gulf between haves and have-nots, government largesse for their churches and a my-way-or-the-highway President.
Where, I wonder, does that leave us?

If I may paraphrase: Amerika wants fascism, period. But not even the "good" kind of fascism; you know, the one that at least makes the trains run on time. No, they want the brain-numbing, bone-crushing kind that Orwell could only dream about in his wildest nightmares.

And to answer the rhetorical question, "Where does it leave us?" One of two answers: Either on the next plane out of the country, or in line at a gun shop.

[edit: ubiquitous, inevitable typos. God, I wish I had a set of hands....]
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Collapse Edited by jb4 Nov. 5, 2004, 03:58:02 PM EST
Sorta reiterates what Isaid (only better)
Maybe this time the voters chose what they actually want: Nationalism, pre-emptive war, order not justice, "safety" through torture, backlash against women and gays, a gulf between haves and have-nots, government largesse for their churches and a my-way-or-the-highway President.
Where, I wonder, does that leave us?

If I may paraphrase: Amerika wanst fascism, period. But not even the "good" kind of fascism; you know, the one that at least makes the trains run on time. No, they want the brain-numbing, bone-crushing kind that Owell could only dream about in his wildest nightmares.

And to answer the rhetorical question, "Where does it leave us?" One of two answers: Either on the next plane out of the country, or in line at a gun shop.
jb4
shrub•bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Let me know who won - (deSitter) - (13)
         I never had any hope - (FuManChu) - (2)
             Re: I never had any hope - (deSitter) - (1)
                 True. Just that my reading of history denies any hope. -NT - (FuManChu)
         Dunno about you, but I learned something. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
             Dam son we all knew that but love ya anyway - (daemon) - (3)
                 Amen, bro! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 If that ain't true... I dunnah belong heyah! -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                     "I would never join a club that would accept me as member" -NT - (Arkadiy)
             Katha Pollit says it pretty well. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                 Re: Katha Pollit says it pretty well. - (deSitter) - (1)
                     Note - I mainly disagree with the above - (deSitter)
                 Sorta reiterates what I said (only better) - (jb4)
                 I disagree with part of that - (drewk)

Fac ut vivas.
36 ms