IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Funny - I won't give true information to a website
Because I don't trust them.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."     --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."     --George W. Bush
New We don't trust many
But John checks it out, and checks out the privacy policy, and as long as they don't want a whole lot of information, it's usually okay.

Besides, most websites we ever give information to, we buy something from, so we have to give them a real address and such, or we can't get our merchandise.

Any others, I either usually know the person running it, or can use an e-mail address that isn't a big deal if it gets compromised. If they just need an email, that's easier. It's sites that we aren't buying from that want a real address or phone number that we don't get on. Or if they say they'll give or sell our information to anyone, we don't get on them.

For example, there is a website I would like to be on, but they want more info than John is comfortable with, and they also claim they can do whatever they want with the info. So I can only read the public areas of that site. (Fortunately, there are some).

We don't do things like online banking or bill paying online, or anything that requires really serious information, so we're safer in that regard.

Brenda

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
New I'm an 85 yr old retired woman from Beverly Hills
I'm Mrs. Drysdale, in other words.
-drl
     News or Religion? - (Nightowl) - (42)
         Submit this to fark -NT - (Silverlock) - (39)
             Re: Submit this to fark - (Nightowl) - (38)
                 Yeah, but you know what Google is. -NT - (pwhysall) - (37)
                     True - (Nightowl) - (36)
                         This is an odd thing to say. - (pwhysall) - (35)
                             Re: This is an odd thing to say. - (Nightowl) - (34)
                                 /me falls over. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                 Funny - I won't give true information to a website - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                     We don't trust many - (Nightowl)
                                     I'm an 85 yr old retired woman from Beverly Hills - (deSitter)
                                 From this & other posts John sounds like a... - (rcareaga) - (29)
                                     I do the same for my wife. - (inthane-chan) - (28)
                                         this way? - (rcareaga) - (26)
                                             John is "code" for Ayatollah. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 If you think that absence of f-word - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                                     since it wasn't an insult (new thread) - (rcareaga)
                                             He knows more about their policies - (Nightowl) - (22)
                                                 you are just fine, do it the way you feel comfortable - (daemon) - (15)
                                                     Thanks :) - (Nightowl) - (14)
                                                         Been there, done that - (ben_tilly) - (13)
                                                             Couldn't help but notice - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                                                 ROTFL, hadn't noticed that :-) -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                             Read my description in FQ - (Nightowl) - (10)
                                                                 dam owl - (daemon) - (2)
                                                                     Oh yeah, an if you keep it up - (daemon) - (1)
                                                                         Nah, I won't - (Nightowl)
                                                                 Two things. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                                     Sorry Peter - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                                         Do not confuse what I said with "support". - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                                             I meant in the other matter in FQ - (Nightowl)
                                                                             Wall Street Journal article this week . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                 I don't know your marriage - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                     Apology accepted - (Nightowl)
                                                 There never will be a problem, unless you develop an opinion - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                     I have plenty of my own opinions. - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                         Does the site have a name? -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                             Re: Does the site have a name? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                                 <shrug> It looks pretty standard to me. Not my style though. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     Hehe, I didn't think so - (Nightowl)
                                         Re: I do the same for my wife. - (Nightowl)
         I don't get the coverage. - (FuManChu) - (1)
             Well, the article said it was to the lions - (Nightowl)

Push stick forward -- houses get bigger; pull stick back -- houses get smaller!
78 ms