IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Kerry needed to reject gay marriage more strongly...
if he wanted to win. Sure, he said that he believed that marriage was between a man and a woman. But he didn't state it nearly as forcefully as Bush, and he was from the state that legalized gay marriage.

There were 11 states where gay marriage was on the ballot. It passed in all 11. That issue also brought out the evangelical vote in a big way.

Those states were Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio, Utah and Oregon. Note Ohio - this measure guaranteed that Bush's base was going to turn out in a critical battleground state.

I firmly believe that Bush would have lost without the gay marriage issue.

Furthermore if the Democrats want to make a comeback, a very good way to do it would be to pin the "h" word on the Republicans - hypocrite. They didn't even try to do that this year. Hopefully next time they do do it.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New My campaign motto
It'll be too late in 2008
-drl
New Yup, the that's the way to do it.
I remember years ago a moron public interst lawayer (Eddie Tabash, who I dealt with in person) who pretty much destroyed everything he touched, put on the ballot a rediculously badly worded gun control measure.

The right wingers came out of the woodwork in vast quantity to vote against it and while they were there they "voted against the nigger", so we got the disasterous Dukmajian governorship from which we're still recovering instead of Tom Bradley, respected former mayor of Los Angeles. Of course they alos voted against every other even slightly progressive measure.

For the curious, Dukmajian held up all funds for infrastructure improvement and social programs for two terms. The only programs he would release money for were building new prisons. I think we still have a couple that aren't open because there was no funding to run them.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Ah, the Duker.
Man, that takes me back. I haven't lived in California since 1980 but il Duker is a legend.
bcnu,
Mikem

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
-Bertrand Russell
     Why did Bush win? - (deSitter) - (29)
         He ain't won yet - (Nightowl) - (2)
             Re: He ain't won yet - (deSitter)
             Be realistic. - (pwhysall)
         The Democratic Party failed again. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             That's it - (deSitter)
             I came. I saw - and watched 'Control Room'. - (Ashton)
             WhoTF understands Das Vaterland? - (mmoffitt)
         Kerry needed to reject gay marriage more strongly... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             My campaign motto - (deSitter)
             Yup, the that's the way to do it. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Ah, the Duker. - (mmoffitt)
         But you're not anti-American. Nope. - (marlowe) - (17)
             At this point - I AM ANTI-AMERICAN - (tuberculosis) - (16)
                 Come to Britain! - (pwhysall) - (15)
                     how much is a - (daemon) - (6)
                         Re: how much is a - (pwhysall) - (5)
                             so $30k quid after taxes - (daemon) - (4)
                                 Many people manage it - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     I have to feed 4 of them - (daemon) - (2)
                                         Would it? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             well I could say I was taking my wife to see the old country - (daemon)
                     What are the requirements to be approved for immigration? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         I don't have the foggiest idea. - (pwhysall)
                     I've been there. - (tuberculosis)
                     I second that -NT - (warmachine)
                     Not that easy - (deSitter) - (3)
                         No, you don't. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             We will now. - (imric) - (1)
                                 Paying the prevailing wage is NOT undercutting US workers - (jbrabeck)

Tryggvi and I are both trained chemists, and he actually knows what he's doing.
61 ms