And that there is no 'liberal' party (or by any other name). Yes the labels got switched ~ time of the Dixiecrats - before my time, to have experienced the undercurrents.

Hey.. smarmy academics will be always with us - they have their own compound anyway - protection from the anti-'llectual Murican Peepul. (They develop the advanced weapons for the jingoists: a kind of symbiosis) The rest of the time.. just get sneered at for tryin to get folks to read some of the history books and learn Ohm's law - bummer.

Perhaps the a-Corporate Party can be formed to counter the Repub- Demo- Corporate Party (with their requisite 'conservative' stick-on label, of course). Planks can deal with enforcement of anti-trust, curtailing Corp welfare to the same Draconian level as the poor-folk variety, recovering the overseas taxes unpaid by Multi-nationals. Then, elimination of the HMO, the bizness-run prison and - Prohibition - the phony War on Drugs (locking up more Muricans than any country locks up). No TV-1 in schools.

I don't look for the aCorporate party or these planks to appear, of course. 9/11 aside, Corp is too far in the driver's seat: buying enough Pols to remain there, and in full charge of Presidential Selection before anyone pretends to choose between the identical twins. 24/7 means that few have the energy and time to play at being voting, informed citizens (even if they sorta wanted to take back some of the power - on alternate Tuesdays).

Whatever it would take (since this shock doesn't seem to have been nearly enough to awaken much thought) - I have no idea, now. All is running on inertia, so.. I'll watch. To take it seriously ~ akin to playing the lottery because you need the money.

A.
Lies.. lies - a country run on daily rations of lies!

PS - get well! (Won't make the country any less sick, of course ;-) Hmmm - pentothal in the water supply would be more deadly to bizness as usual: than Anthrax