I thought that I was another. I just don't bother with pointless religious wars.

My attitude is that I recommend Linux where I know that it will work well. I don't unless I have a good case for it. I've been doing so since the late 90's. I don't use it where I can't prove its value. However given that computers in my environment are replaced slowly (and I'm not the one replacing them), I don't bother playing a lot with exotic stuff.

However I have the freedom that Barry doesn't to say that my organizations can support itself. Therefore I have the opportunity to use Debian. I'm not a particularly strong advocate for it though.

At my current job the developers exclusively use Linux, as well as the servers that our code runs on. (We don't have to use Linux, but it has to be Unix-compatible. Right now we are split between Red Hat and Debian.) The DBAs have Linux available, as does the IS team. The graphics department has some Macs. Everything else is Windows. Databases run on Solaris, but plans are in place to replace them with Linux. I claim no responsibility for this state of affairs - it was like this when I arrived.

Cheers,
Ben