IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What version of Kerberos?
You need AT LEAST version 1.3.1 to communicate properly with W2K3.

Leave the version installed on the machine. Get the newest version from MIT (v1.3.5) I think. Extract it both times (the tar pkg it with signatures). cd into krb5-<version>/src/ directory and do this configure line.
./configure --program-prefix= --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr \\\n--bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share \\\n--includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec \\\n--localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/usr/com --mandir=/usr/share/man \\\n--infodir=/usr/share/info CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O2 -g -pipe -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 \\\n-I/usr/include/et -fPIC" LDFLAGS= CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/et" --enable-shared \\\n--enable-static --bindir=/usr/kerberos/bin --mandir=/usr/kerberos/man \\\n--sbindir=/usr/kerberos/sbin --datadir=/usr/kerberos/share \\\n--localstatedir=/var/kerberos --with-krb4 --with-system-et --with-system-ss \\\n--without-tcl --enable-dns
then do the make ; su -c "make test" ; su -c "make install"

To see if it worked, try a kinit ads-user@DOMAIN.COM if your stuff is set properly... it should.

Then you should be able to auth against the krb5 ticket issuer (being ADS).

One other thing ADS only supports 2 types of tickets. Here is the pertinent pieces you need to make sure are right in /etc/krb5.conf:

[logging]\n     default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log\n     kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log\n     admin_server = FILE:/var/log/kadmind.log\n\n[libdefaults]\n     ticket_lifetime = 24000\n     default_realm = DOMAIN.COM\n     default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc\n     default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc\n     kdc_timesync = 1\n     dns_lookup_realm = true\n     dns_lookup_kdc = true\n     forward = true\n     forwardable = true\n     proxiable = true\n     autologin = true\n     encrypt = true\n\n\n[realms]\n     DOMAIN.COM = {\n     kdc = mydc1.domain.com:88\n     admin_server = mydc1.domain.com:749\n     default_domain = domain.com\n     }
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
Here is an example: [link|http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/|Executing arbitrary commands without Active Scripting or ActiveX when using Windows]
New AD is already working on the command line
kinit works from a terminal on the webserver. It's getting it to work through the browser that fails.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     Anyone got Kerberos working to auth Apache to W2K3? - (drewk) - (2)
         What version of Kerberos? - (folkert) - (1)
             AD is already working on the command line - (drewk)

Ships were made for sinking, whiskey made for drinking. If we were made of cellophane we'd all get stinking drunk quite faster! Ah, ha, ha!
31 ms