IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interview next week in Valdez Alaska Boss Job
chief cook and bottle washer. A small telco wants to bring their ISP and web services inside as well as offer outsource services. Not bad salary but a startup where bonus incentive as a percentage could get decent. I know the area as I used to service the city and police network and nixen there. Gotta leave the family in FLA still schools out in June :(
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New We know you're homesick. Fingers crossed for ya. Luck!!!
New not so much as jobless very soon
Valdez is 220 miles from my house in Anchorage which means either moving there, or just going home on weekends and having a country place so the family could join me for the summer. What is nice about Valdez it is a town 100 miles from the next town nestled at the foot of the Elias Range on a long fiord. After work a 15 minute drive puts you in world class skiing, white wate rafting, fishing streams and hunting. The xtreme skiing finals took place ther many times an Moe Green Olympic skier is from there. It also is the terminus for the alaska pipeline, accross the bay.
thanx,
bill
New Good luck with interview, Box!
Yahoo says Valdez is about 123 miles from Anchorage or 3 1/2 hours. Where did you get the 220 miles? But, definately not a commute.

You know what I heard up there? "Nice thing about Anchorage is that it is only 15 minutes away from Alaska!" But then what do you expect from folks that hunt and eat the state bird? The state bird is the Willow Ptarmigan. Well, OK, it is a small (15-17 inches), arctic grouse.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New well it is 100 miles from glenallen which is 120 from anch.
Yahoo maps have been known to be wrong.
thanx,
bill
New Flying lessons time?
Dunno - full parka on yer Ultralight? I guess it'd be cheaper than most anything else airborne, but at 90ish mph? a tad long commute, if it's really 220. Be like a cycle for exposure.

I almost tried the Benson Gyrocopter thingie.. but subsequent stats suggest that - that would have been umm Risky. I couldn't have landed where I'd need to land, so probably that's why I'm stll here.

Will light candle: maybe they'll get hungrier and find you a free GTO with snow tires (or tracks?) too..

Cheers, Brrr

A.

PS - some friends were in Anchorage for the Big quake. It's prolly safe now.
New unreliable means of travel.
This passes from Anch to Valdez are a nightmare in the fall and spring. Jets have problems getting thru on a regular basis.
thanx,
bill
New Good luck!
I hope that things work out for you.

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
New Go for it man, go for it!
Nothin' like Alaska to get away from the rest of Civ - and knowing how little fun it is to be in the presence of Civ these days...
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     Interview next week in Valdez Alaska Boss Job - (boxley) - (8)
         We know you're homesick. Fingers crossed for ya. Luck!!! -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
             not so much as jobless very soon - (boxley)
         Good luck with interview, Box! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             well it is 100 miles from glenallen which is 120 from anch. - (boxley)
         Flying lessons time? - (Ashton) - (1)
             unreliable means of travel. - (boxley)
         Good luck! - (orion)
         Go for it man, go for it! - (inthane-chan)