IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Where's all this failed Dot-Com stuff going?
I'm trying, without much success, to find who's selling this dot-com stuff off as they go under.

(For instance, Cisco's profit warnings talked about the "barely used" high end stuff on the market from these bankruptcies/foreclosures.)

So.. where is all of it?

The thought occured to me, that it would be nice to get a backup of my hard drive. I've got a Exabyte 8505... but the 30G drive will take a *long* time, and at least 3 tapes. Ok, not impossible, but kinda a pain.

Hey.. what about some DLTs or AMEs from all these companies going out of business? Best I found was some 15/30 DLTs, Compaq's for $525.

(Brand new drives from VXA are only $649, for 33 GB and much faster, etc... (even though the (*$&*@# stopped giving them away..)

So.. Any idea where I can find these computers that got forclosed on?

(No, I don't really ebay, for a lot of reasons, and other auctions either have junk, or want waaaay too much (or both)..

So... surely someone here's got osme clue about where I can find this surplus stuff?

Addison
New Let us know if you find the mother lode..
Hell I wouldn't mind having a 'simple' 3 or 4 10-G drives and go for mirroring, speak RAID - even for (maybe especially for) std Windoze non-LAN stuff. Best learn such stuff on non-critical systems, I say.

(Having worked with many types of tape recs - from 10" digital thru 10" audio RtoR yada) - I know it stretches, flakes, is serial not random and otherwise: sucx, even though you Can be careful and all that. It's a random world.)

Now whether my first *nix foray oughtta be with an MP box stolen - why not? 200 MHz bus - OK; 128M of video for text - OK too :-\ufffd

(But anything that draws more than 200W average? - won't cut it either. Burns too much oil and coal. For non-industrial, that is..)

Ashton
Enlightened Luddites R' Us
New watch the news for chapter 11 filings
call the company in question and say you are looking to be put on the list if they are selling any IT inventory. Baught a fully loaded 450 5 gigs ram 4 400 proccessors and filled with hd's for 40k at sun would cost you about 125k. Check out [link|http://www.daystarsys.com/|http://www.daystarsys.com/] refurbed Sun equipment.
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
     Where's all this failed Dot-Com stuff going? - (addison) - (3)
         Let us know if you find the mother lode.. - (Ashton)
         Check out Able Auctions - (jp)
         watch the news for chapter 11 filings - (boxley)

Red Rover, Red Rover, Bob Lazar's comin' over.
53 ms