1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Any novell folks here?
Seen today on local jobs board:

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:56:58 -0400
Subject: Direct job: IT Director w/Novell NOS, west Denver, up to $62k/yr

Spherion Workforce Architects, a $2b staffing, recruiting, outsourcing, outplacement, and IT Solutions company has a client in west Denver/Lakewood/Golden area that has a need for a Information Technology Director.

The successful candidate will have experience in (or want to work for) a non-profit, experience managing/developing a small team, leadership skills and the ability to interface with non-profit executive board members. Must also have hands-on technical skills including network administration experience in Novell NOS in a WAN setting (CNA/CNE is a plus), MS Windows NT/2000/2003 (MCP or MCSE is a plus), Linux, Cisco routers, and MS desktop 2000/XP. Position is 60% hands-on and 40% management oriented.

This is a direct employee position with a 4-day work week, excellent benefits, and salary up to $62k/yr.

For immediately consideration please email your resume to CindyAnderson@Spherion.com

> Cindy Anderson
>
> Executive Recruiter and Account Manager
> Spherion Workforce Architects
> Professional Services Group
> "Making the workplace better"
> Denver, CO 80246
> CindyAnderson@Spherion.com
>
> For the fifth time, Fortune Magazine has named Spherion one of "America's most admired companies" .
>
--
Steve
New Too bad it's in CO.
I'd be able to run with this but I don't think there's enough money in the world to get me to move to Colorado.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New What's wrong with CO?
AFAIK it's a square in the middle of the map. Illuminate me.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Re: What's wrong with CO?
It's all skiing and hippies.

Oh, wait... you wanted to know what was wrong with it.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New They've got Coors beer
whose slogan should be changed from "It's the water" to "It IS water".

However, it does go down easily on a hot summer day because it doesn't dehydrate you like normal beer does, so I guess it's got that going for it.

lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New "It's the water" was an Olympia Beer slogan IIRC
--
Steve
New I though that that was the StL city slogan?

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New :-)
New It was Oly.
Used to be one of my favorites pre-Schlitz acquisition. Schlitz somehow managed to make Oly Gold taste just like their piss-in-a-bottle.
bcnu,
Mikem

"The struggle for the emancipation of the working class is not between races or religions. It is one of class against class. Every trace of anti-Semitism, or any form of race hatred cannot assist the oppressed, it can on the contrary only aid the exploiters. Workers of all nationality, religion or creed must stand together against the common enemy: capitalism."
-Ted Grant
New all the dumass that moved from here are there
turning a beautiful piece of country I would be happy to live in,,,,,,,,,,into a crappy place with crapply laws, no manners or clues.
thanx,
bill
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New OT I used up all those curly thingies do you have more?
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New -
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter Sept. 15, 2004, 08:09:10 PM EDT
New You'd love it as a visitor
To live there is another matter. It's terribly remote, I personally found the people of Denver to be utterly hateful (the most unctious, disgusting, backstabbing yuppies imaginable mixed with violent black and Mexican-American "cultures" mixed with trailer trash whites), Boulder even moreso (this is why liberals are universally hated), but some relief in the burbs where one finds Denverites who actually grew up in Colorado (and the townspeople outside Denver are great). It is of course unbelieveably spectacular, which is a damn shame of a waste of nature.
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter Sept. 15, 2004, 08:08:48 PM EDT
New No Jobs above Code Grunt
for one. Thus my recent departure.

Local VC's are paralyzed and don't invest in anything. Impossible to start a tech company there. It is the center of telecomm (QWEST, ATT, Sprint, MCI, TimeWarner, Comcast all have HQ's there) but this industry is in the crapper.

Otherwise, I rather like it there.

That was lovely cheese.

--Wallace, The Wrong Trousers
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:41:51 PM EDT
New Re: No Jobs above Code Grunt
Yep, I'm a shell grunt. I like it, but it's the same thing I was doing long ago.

Nothing ever changes in corpworld. Now the issue is straight EDI vs. XML - or as I call it, EDLie. An EDI record for a simple transaction is almost the same size as the transaction - a few lines. The EDLie XML is almost a page long of retina-stretching angle brackets.

There is always some pointless controversy in which the shitty idiom attempts to displace the better one, without any value-add and with much value-subtract. The shitty idiom always wins.

It's like the Western world is going insane.
-drl
New Simple explanation for that.
All standards committees for that kind of stuff have telephone company guys on them. Their purpose is to make sure what is transmitted is as long as possible.

In not so few words, an AT&T guy explained that to me.
Alex

"If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words." -- Philip K. Dick, US science fiction writer
New Wonderful scenery
Some of the most absolutely horrible people I have ever met. Extraordinarily class conscious attitudes everywhere. It has been a while since I've been there, but I can't see it changing anywhere other than in surface politeness.

I'd rather live in Mississippi. And I hate Mississippi.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New ICLRPD
I'd rather live in Mississippi. And I hate Mississippi.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New 'zacly
Even trailer trash think of you are pond scum.

-drl
New What!?!
CO is great!

I would live there in a heartbeat, but not making 62K a year. That amount will get you a small apartment in a bad neighborhood.

Cost of living is very high, weather is BEAUTIFUL! Much better than Texas, where I live. But, you can live on 62K a year here, or at least get close.

Glen Austin
Expand Edited by gdaustin Sept. 25, 2004, 12:28:34 AM EDT
New I live on less..
--
Steve
New I could live in Paris on half that, ez.
     Any novell folks here? - (Steve Lowe) - (21)
         Too bad it's in CO. - (Silverlock) - (20)
             What's wrong with CO? - (pwhysall) - (16)
                 Re: What's wrong with CO? - (admin) - (5)
                     They've got Coors beer - (lincoln) - (4)
                         "It's the water" was an Olympia Beer slogan IIRC -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
                             I though that that was the StL city slogan? -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             It was Oly. - (mmoffitt)
                 all the dumass that moved from here are there - (boxley) - (1)
                     OT I used up all those curly thingies do you have more? -NT - (boxley)
                 - -NT - (deSitter)
                 You'd love it as a visitor - (deSitter)
                 No Jobs above Code Grunt - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                     Re: No Jobs above Code Grunt - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Simple explanation for that. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Wonderful scenery - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     ICLRPD - (drewk)
                     'zacly - (deSitter)
             What!?! - (gdaustin) - (2)
                 I live on less.. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                 I could live in Paris on half that, ez. -NT - (Ashton)

Don't touch that button!
375 ms