IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why, the proof is right next to the Iraq WMD's
[link|http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/14/bush.texans/index.html|http://www.cnn.com/2...texans/index.html]

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Speak for yourself
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Enough people like you
and Bush won't HAVE to steal the election.
Bush is secretive.
Bush is a liar.
Bush wouldn't tell you if your hair was on fire.
Film at 11.

This isn't news. His supporters know this already. They don't care. So do his detractors. Some of them care enough to obsess about it and not get on with attacking the way Bush is systematically destroying the country. It's not making them any points but so what? They're RIGHT. big whoop... they're also losing
I'm beginning to suspect that Kerry has considered what he's getting into and is trying to lose at this point.
Depressing...
New Obsessing? No.
I don't obsess over it. I also don't discount it when considering this man's evident lack of character.
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Regardless...
...this issue has been addressed and discounted in the last election. Poll numbers are showing it to be a loser issue this time around as well.

Hence the previous post.

"The people" don't care. Not saying you in particular.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Peepul? The non-voting majority? or the others don't care?
New I'm sure you think so.
I'm also sure you're wrong.
Mike Royko
New Re: I'm sure you think so.
[link|http://www.timeswatch.org/articles/2004/0218.asp|Non issue]

Much attention has recently been given to Bush's activities while he was in the National Guard during the 1970s, and Kerry's service in the Vietnam War and subsequent anti-war actions. {[link|http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,112036,00.html|Large|http://www.foxnews.c...036,00.html|Large] majorities say Bush's service in the National Guard and Kerry's Vietnam War record will make no difference to their vote in November.]

By more than two-to-one, the public says what a candidate did 30 years ago is irrelevant to this year's election.

Polls will be out in the next couple of days, I'm sure. And they will reveal what I'm telling you. While it may be an issue for you, it is NOT for the populace in general.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New ROFL!
Documenting and Exposing the Liberal Political Agenda of the New York Times
Mike Royko
New Even funnier...
...is you seem to think it isn't.

However, the part you need to read was about the ABCNews poll...65 35. 2 to 1 say its a non issue.

Held up in the later taken poll quoted after.

Watch this weekends polling data. The majority will still say they don't care...but they will now believe that CBS and Rather have a liberal bias.

I expect big blowback from this and big wins for the "new media".

New That's absurd
There isn't ANY news organization, and hardly any individual news drone, who is not afraid of shrubbery. Lou Dobbs and Chris Matthews are the only exceptions I know, and the latter is iffy.

Liberal bias? Ridiculous.
-drl
New Stop it.
Denying the liberal slant of the New York Times is an insult to the intelligence that I know you have.

New FEB. 12?
This poll is relevant how?
Mike Royko
New Dude..
...it was brought up in the last election. No effect.

It was brought up early in the year. No effect.

It was brought up a couple of weeks back. No effect.

Now it comes up attached to forged documents and the effect is supposed to change?

Sort of like banging your head against a brick wall over and over again expect that..."next time damnit it won't hurt".

New Kind of the point
Brought up. Never answered.
Mike Royko
New no its not.
after 4 years you are still in denial.

No need to answer cause nobody cares.

New Once again, speak for yourself.
Mike Royko
New Journey said it best...
..Don't Stop Believin.

But it ain't gonna make it true, sorry.

New Well that was fun.
Let's have another pointless argument real soon.
Mike Royko
New No, damnit.

New That poll is at least somewhat irrelevant
What is relevant is not the effect on all voters. It is the opinions of potential swing voters whose minds might be changed by evidence. In a close election like this you don't need to care about most potential swing voters - just enough to swing the vote.

This kind of thing is, unfortunately, harder to tell. A simple number certainly doesn't tell it to you.

Another thing that polling is unable to address is how people are affected by information in ways that they think they won't be. You may not care about issue X, but if information on issue X is repeatedly presented indicating that a candidate is lying, you may well be affected. Even though you thought you wouldn't care about issue X.

As evidence that these effects can be significant, on [link|http://www.electoral-vote.com/aug/aug27.html|http://www.electoral...om/aug/aug27.html] the effect of the Swift Boat ads was very noticable.

Cheers,
Ben
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
New Understand.
The point was to show that this has been a non-issue since the last election.

Polling data this weekend will show that the numbers aren't moving significantly (likely outcome...especially given the near admission that the docs were fake). At that point one must determine that this is an issue that nobody cares about. (something that most everyone except our shiny friend already knew)

New I wouldn't say that
Polling data are close enough that even if most people aren't affected, the ones who are may be significant.

In fact following [link|http://www.electoral-vote.com/|http://www.electoral-vote.com/] in the last few days, it looks like there has been a big enough shift in the last few days to swing the election were it held now. I'm guessing that the memo issue is a significant part of that. (And the backlash is a bigger deal than the memos.)

Cheers,
Ben
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
New Move 15 back to blue
Ain't no way NJ will go Republican. Polling data or not.

Backlash is a bigger deal simply because nobody gave a damn about the initial issue. Theres 4 years of polling history behind that statement.

However, re-launching that dead duck based upon forged documents will certainly result in a negative for Kerry. Much of that negative comes from the perception at large (just not here) that the media is biased...especially CBS.

New Confirmed
One of the local inbred gentry intoned on the radio this morning "I'd do the same for my child" - that is, pull strings to help him shirk his duty.
-drl
     Why, the proof is right next to the Iraq WMD's - (tablizer) - (25)
         yawn. The people don't care. -NT - (bepatient) - (24)
             Speak for yourself -NT - (Silverlock) - (23)
                 Enough people like you - (hnick) - (22)
                     Obsessing? No. - (Silverlock) - (21)
                         Regardless... - (bepatient) - (20)
                             Peepul? The non-voting majority? or the others don't care? -NT - (Ashton)
                             I'm sure you think so. - (Silverlock) - (17)
                                 Re: I'm sure you think so. - (bepatient) - (16)
                                     ROFL! - (Silverlock) - (15)
                                         Even funnier... - (bepatient) - (14)
                                             That's absurd - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 Stop it. - (bepatient)
                                             FEB. 12? - (Silverlock) - (7)
                                                 Dude.. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                     Kind of the point - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                                         no its not. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                             Once again, speak for yourself. -NT - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                                 Journey said it best... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                     Well that was fun. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                         No, damnit. -NT - (bepatient)
                                             That poll is at least somewhat irrelevant - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                 Understand. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                     I wouldn't say that - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                         Move 15 back to blue - (bepatient)
                             Confirmed - (deSitter)

Innovation from the rear again.
82 ms