IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cortisone is a steroid.
An artificial one, at that.

Do you really want to use that as a random treatment? (Quite different internal organs can be affected, depending on your genetics and a whole lot of stuff that nobody knows how to 'quantify'.)

Lawn work can be about anything from mosquitoes, spiders, ticks.. to allergies to whatever. (Sometimes too, 'intolerance' can be taken for allergy; I gather these have different bio schemes.)

Sounds like dermatologist time; might help to take some pics of the progression of coloration and bumps - the more info available, the less arbitrary will be the technician's scanning of the PDR (Physician's Desk Reference). You might even try to make some notes about daily changes that you already saw happen, and obv can't 'photograph'.

Also - when it's noted that you Did pay attention to detail.. sometimes you can waken a physician to a little higher state of attention, too.

Luck,

Ashton
New Re: Cortisone is a steroid.
An artificial one, at that.

Do you really want to use that as a random treatment? (Quite different internal organs can be affected, depending on your genetics and a whole lot of stuff that nobody knows how to 'quantify'.)

Hmm, well it was the only thing that soothed his itching, so far. I tried Calamine, and that didn't. I offered to try Solarcane or Bactine, but he wouldn't let me. Guess I'll use it till next week, cause it's working. I didn't realize it was a steroid, it's always been an anti-itch skin treatment cream.

Lawn work can be about anything from mosquitoes, spiders, ticks.. to allergies to whatever. (Sometimes too, 'intolerance' can be taken for allergy; I gather these have different bio schemes.)

Sounds like dermatologist time; might help to take some pics of the progression of coloration and bumps - the more info available, the less arbitrary will be the technician's scanning of the PDR (Physician's Desk Reference). You might even try to make some notes about daily changes that you already saw happen, and obv can't 'photograph'.

Yeah, I do have a pretty good history about it, anyway. I could do that. Maybe that would ease my mind since I can't make him go now, if I had something concrete for him to show the doctor when/if he does go.

Also - when it's noted that you Did pay attention to detail.. sometimes you can waken a physician to a little higher state of attention, too.

I agree there, sometimes it pays to be really observant. :) Worked with his spider bite a while back. I can't get him to wear repellent when working in the yard, he says it sweats all over him and he won't use it. :(

Luck,

Thanks, I think I just needed a little assurance. I keep thinking of West Nile Virus, but he insists he feels fine, not sick, not feverish, nothing. I think I've done all I can tonight, guess I'll get some sleep.

Sorry I'm so worried, but thanks for being nice about it.

Nightowl >8#

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." -- Robert Hughes, Australian Art Critic, Writer
New Re: Cortisone is a steroid.
You know, if you really cared about this wimp you wouldn't announce his bumps in public. We just think, "what kind of damn baby is this"? For Christ's sake, I'm debating whether a clot in my saphenous vein can propagate into the femoral vein and become deadly, and you're whining about your wimp processor-destroying husband's bumps. IOW SHUT THE FUCK UP! You're embarrasing everyone. Next you'll be whining about the warts on his dick.

-drl
New *cough*
The world needs butterflies, sometimes more urgently than Damascus steel. Y'know?

Ummm, I hope 'they' know more about your clot than they do about steroids. Really.

Chamomile tea?
New You know... (new thread)
Created as new thread #173538 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=173538|You know...]

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." -- Robert Hughes, Australian Art Critic, Writer
     Bites or a rash? - (Nightowl) - (9)
         If you're worried, see a doctor. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Believe me, I'm worried - (Nightowl)
         He's allergic to tytoninae - tyto ludovica sanctus I'd guess -NT - (deSitter)
         Cortisone is a steroid. - (Ashton) - (4)
             Re: Cortisone is a steroid. - (Nightowl) - (3)
                 Re: Cortisone is a steroid. - (deSitter) - (2)
                     *cough* - (Ashton)
                     You know... (new thread) - (Nightowl)
         potential ingrown hair, -NT - (boxley)

This country was built on the hope that one day we could all own a Batcave.
71 ms