IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New In general - understood. He didn't though.
If he hadn't launched this and forgotten about it, there would be a ton of things that he could have done to make it easy now. He didn't and it isn't.

I'll suggest gdb to him. Figuring out the right program may be hard though - he's running a Perl script which connects to Oracle and does stuff. I'm not sure that he has the source to the Perl that he is executing this with. :-(

Any other ideas?

Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Can you get to the Oracle side?
At least that way you'd be able to see what queries are currently executing, which should give an indication of where the program is up to.
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New I'll check whether that will help him, but I'm dubious
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Depends very much on the nature of the queries I guess.
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Re: In general - understood. He didn't though.
Well gdb will definitely attach another process. But, when you start it, the process is halted, its state recorded, and gdb waits for a restart.

Look at "kibitz" and "expect".
-drl
New I'm not sure how this helps
If he launched it with that, it would be nice, but he didn't...

Ben
     Recapture an orphaned process' output? - (ben_tilly) - (11)
         Re: Recapture an orphaned process' output? - (deSitter) - (6)
             In general - understood. He didn't though. - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                 Can you get to the Oracle side? - (Meerkat) - (2)
                     I'll check whether that will help him, but I'm dubious -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Depends very much on the nature of the queries I guess. -NT - (Meerkat)
                 Re: In general - understood. He didn't though. - (deSitter) - (1)
                     I'm not sure how this helps - (ben_tilly)
         truss or strace - (Arkadiy) - (3)
             No good - (deSitter) - (1)
                 True, but strace show the arguments to write() call - (Arkadiy)
             DING DING DING - we have a winnah! - (ben_tilly)

I swear, you make people want to jump into a volcano.
86 ms