IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not sure how I'd test for the memory leak?
I am actually using a bunch of setTimeout for the loops to allow the user to interact with the form while the initialization is occuring. Just didn't want to complexify the sample with that bit of indirection.

More interested, though, in how you discover and detect the memory leak within IE.
New Testing for it is very simple
It isn't a subtle problem, just an obscure one.

Navigate to and from that page in IE while watching memory. If memory usage goes up rapidly, you probably have the problem that I was referring to. Or even more simply, if you can submit from that page back to itself, just hit submit a bunch of times while watching memory.

Particularly if the page has a lot on it, IE's representation of the page takes up a lot of memory. (If you didn't have a lot on it to start with, you can arrange to...) Leaking 10 MB at a time very quickly becomes noticable.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
     Javascript: Putting form objects in JS arrays - (ChrisR) - (4)
         DON'T!!! - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             Not sure how I'd test for the memory leak? - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 Testing for it is very simple - (ben_tilly)
         How would that compare to building form on the fly? - (FuManChu)

I don't need to do a bunch of coke to be happy.
52 ms