IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 'Chicago Dog' heads West

Chicago-style hot dogs are taking over the nation.

Wienerschnitzel, the nation's largest hot dog chain, has introduced the "Chicago Dog," an all-beef number in a steamed poppyseed bun with all the requisite trimmings -- mustard, neon green relish, onion, tomato, a pickle spear, sport peppers and celery salt.

[...]

Most agree a true Chicago-style hot dog these days is a Vienna Beef frank in a poppyseed bun, dressed appropriately.

Sload was somewhat disappointed to hear that Wienerschnitzel's wiener is not a Vienna product, but rather their own frank made from a proprietary recipe.

"If they're not offering it that way, it's not a true Chicago-style dog," Sload said.

Spoken like a true Chicagoan.

[link|http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-hotdog09.html|source]
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Vienna Beef! and Old Style!
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter July 9, 2004, 09:38:26 AM EDT
New Make it a Special Export
and now you're really talking!
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Ummm . . . . Beef?
Hot dogs are made out of pig, just like other sausages.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Vienna, Nathans, Sabrette, Hebrew National all beef
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New But those are all just substitutes for the real thing . .
. . made for people who subscribe to control freak religions that deprive them of eating pig. They would not exist without religious prohibitions.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New beef sausage is not religious at all
sausage can be made of anything, look at the proof a chicken dog, nasty tasty shit. Lamb goat deer moose reindeer crawfish all are used to make sausage. Its a taste thing.
thanx,
bill
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
New Nope
The "real thing" is all beef when you are talking about a Chicago dog.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Aye and they are damned tasty
-drl
New Local store
[link|http://www.thefrankfurter.com/|http://www.thefrankfurter.com/]

Salmon, chicken, beef, pork, you name it, they make it.

And DAMN, they're good.
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
New dammit now I hafta go get lunch
New MAN those look GOOD!
--
Steve
New They don't just look good, either.
New Requisite trimmings?
Melted real cheese, spicy BBQ sauce, bacon and sauerkraut. That's the stuff! I'll sometimes use honey mustard instead of the BBQ sauce. Only sometimes. Not a big mustard fan. The honey takes the edge off. On an egg bun too. Mmmmmm!
lister
     'Chicago Dog' heads West - (lincoln) - (13)
         Vienna Beef! and Old Style! -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
             Make it a Special Export - (lincoln)
         Ummm . . . . Beef? - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
             Vienna, Nathans, Sabrette, Hebrew National all beef -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                 But those are all just substitutes for the real thing . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     beef sausage is not religious at all - (boxley)
                     Nope - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         Aye and they are damned tasty -NT - (deSitter)
             Local store - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 dammit now I hafta go get lunch -NT - (boxley)
                 MAN those look GOOD! -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                     They don't just look good, either. -NT - (inthane-chan)
         Requisite trimmings? - (lister)

The recommended age to have a Ouija board is 8+ years. So you have to be 21 to drink alcohol but only 8 to summon the devil.
88 ms