IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Terrible omission
Though hardly unsurprising.

These are the nine worst mistakes for job seekers in the USA.

These rules quite simply don't hold like that in, say, the UK.

Frexample, you ALWAYS put your references on the bottom of the CV here. Not to do so is considered rude :-)

Also, functional CVs are quite normal - especially for technical folk, and it's considered usual to place a personal objective on there, too.

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Well my resume breaks all those rules and I still get hired?
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Ditto - rulez R krap
Mostly.

I do list an objective - I need to be king of the project, seriously impressed with the current king, or I'm not interested. It says so.

I list a skills summary at the top too. Buzzword matching made easy. I list an awful lot of buzzwords.

I group descriptions of my experience - ie all UI work is listed together, same as all OO-RDBMS, all Business Rule stuff....

I list a chronology near the bottom and it includes company name, location, my title, and dates of employment.

Resume has been a hitter for a long time (except recently - but nothing is working for anyone just now).
New Well, depends on the market you're in....
my friend who got laid off by Agilent found another job in two weeks, even closer to his house, for about 10% less pay.

But, he's doing embedded work and has a different skillset: ME degree, but did RTOS and Perl work at Agilent for high end test equipment. Now, he'll be doing mechanical design and deep embedded (4-bit micros) programming for a small company that makes breathalyzer, digital compasses, home automation, etc.

Based on my contacts and reading, embedded and automation developers haven't been hit anywhere near as bad by the downturn as Internet-related developers.

Tony
     Nine Worst R\ufffdsum\ufffd Mistakes - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
         The employers line (#9) is a good one. - (static)
         Terrible omission - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Well my resume breaks all those rules and I still get hired? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 Ditto - rulez R krap - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     Well, depends on the market you're in.... - (tonytib)

I'd interracially copulate with an alien at this point, and take it to breakfast even.
41 ms