IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Been quite a journey.
Right now LSB 2.0 is in public review. (Beta/release candidate)

1.x have some severe restrictions that has really factionalized (not fractionalized) the Linux Community.

Debian should be the most LSB compliant and it doesn't even come close. Most of the 1.x LSB was pushed by Vendor driven certification, without any regard for flexibility.

LSB2.0 make some serious progress in this regard. Restriction, with exceptions and alternate sets of restrictions but still also requiring the standard spec to be "there" be it in symlink or hardlink or other means. This will allow many more Distros to actually make the LSB standard.

LSB may end up being irrelevant anyway. As there are bigger things to worry about in terms of interoperability. But then again, if someone finally takes the LSB seriously as a Real effort to embrace and follow the "standards" it may just end up help the Commercial Unices as well.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

Heard near the SCOG employee entry/exit way:

Security: We got another Mass Exodus Doorway Jam.
New Ta for the info
It kinda reinforces my thought that it was there mainly for the Warm Fuzzy factor. Or, whoever compiled the course found one thing in their research, and decided to run with it. :)

Still, if it creates a good feeling for people considering trying Linux, it can't be a bad thing.
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Yes it can
It can give a false expectation of uniformity
for a nubie admin. So they start using their
first Linux system, and then get pissed it
doesn't match their training, and abandon it.
New I'll see what happens
when I get to the Linux Admin for Newbies course. Erm, assuming there is one.

(Yes, all version of linux are compeltely standardised, just like Windows DLLs...)

On the plus side for this 'Tech Overview' course, it does mention Red Hat, SuSE, Mandrake, and Debian.

It also mentions something like 'Word processing is available from companies like Corel, Applix, and Star Team'. I've noted that one down for my feedback.

Ah, here's [link|http://www.netg.com/Catalog_cms/detail.asp?p=6&cn=10&s=315&t=1620&c=US13611|NETg's overview] of the course.

Heh ... 'Linux Torvald'...
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New linux admin newbie course
heres a box with no OS and a website, enjoy. Will either graduate or go back to saying "would you like outlook with that?"
thanx,
bill
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     The LSB. Influential? Useful? Relevant? - (Meerkat) - (9)
         Been quite a journey. - (folkert) - (4)
             Ta for the info - (Meerkat) - (3)
                 Yes it can - (broomberg) - (2)
                     I'll see what happens - (Meerkat) - (1)
                         linux admin newbie course - (boxley)
         Re: The LSB. Influential? Useful? Relevant? - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Must admit I hadn't heard of it. - (Meerkat)
             Here Here! - (folkert) - (1)
                 Where Where? -NT - (pwhysall)

Worth getting into a flame war on the New York Times crossword blog.
97 ms