IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IANP...
but I can't resist replying to a post by DK.

If you're going to be swapping drives, I think the least painful way is to get something like the following:

1) [link|http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-121-106&depa=1|Kingwin KF-21-IPF] drive rack. $19.00

2) [link|http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-121-153&depa=1|Kingwin KF-21 extra tray]. $13.99

That will give you 2 drive trays and you can swap out one drive whenever you want to boot the other OS. Buy more trays if you want to add more drives (that you use sequentially).

Such trays will also work in their external ATA to USB box. (Make sure you get the right variety if you're considering that option.)

It's a lot less of a hassle than fighting with cables and jumpers, and the fan helps keep the drive cool.

Cheers,
Scott.
New The swap is something I should only have to do once
Well, and then swapping back after the install. But once it's all installed I want to just use Grub to boot into one or the other. If I can't do that I'll find another way.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     So I've given up on VMWare - (drewk) - (23)
         You can trick it... - (folkert)
         Good man, giving up his toys! -NT - (deSitter)
         They *never* make it easy, do they - (drewk) - (16)
             Re: They *never* make it easy, do they - (deSitter) - (2)
                 XP is different... the filesystem takes over the whole drive -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                     Not if you graft it on - (deSitter)
             Not entirely true - (pwhysall) - (12)
                 And all the stuff I find online says not to do that - (drewk) - (11)
                     Sure it does. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                         rofl - (Yendor)
                         Okay Mr. MCP Man - (drewk) - (8)
                             IANP... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 The swap is something I should only have to do once - (drewk)
                             More details, sai - and some answers. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 How do I launch the installer - (drewk) - (4)
                                     Re: How do I launch the installer - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                         This isn't stupidity, it's willfull ignorance - (drewk) - (2)
                                             Someone who - (Ashton)
                                             Re: This isn't stupidity, it's willfull ignorance - (deSitter)
         And now I've just given up - (drewk) - (3)
             Whatever you want... - (folkert) - (2)
                 Yeah, and fries - (drewk) - (1)
                     Re: Yeah, and fries - (deSitter)

That's pretty much epic-scale incomprehension.
68 ms