IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I expected better from him.
I don't know why, I just did.

Blackbird
MSBob
WindowsME
and so on.

No, MS isn't better at designing products or pushing technologies or ANYTHING.

MS is really, Really, REALLY good at leveraging their desktop monopoly.

That is why Sun can't get a foothold on the desktop, but does a pretty good business in large web site servers.

And so on and so forth.

Desktop monopoly == huge war chest.

Which means that MS can afford to push inferior products. MS can even afford to give away inferior products. Just to establish a foothold in a market. Then MS can exploit that foothold.

After all these years, I expected him to know this and understand this and so on.
New Pearls before swine.
M$ has successfully redefined not merely innovation but adequacy and normal too.

In the TLA-besotted 80-IQ Bizness suited class - it has now become 'normal' for crashes, reboots, RRR (get the PFY to do it again - he's cheap and no perks). IIS got a bug again..? second since last Monday? Load the backups - all of 'em. I got a meeting; don't bother me with this tech stuff.

Worst of all (for everyone not-M$) it has become normal to assume the supine position: to willingly (enthusiastically even) flush, dump perfectly working hardware, load 'new' and retrain: every couple years, (year?) and to deem the costs/seat: normal too.

Wanna bet that even the new licensing rape shall soon be accepted as mere seduction, then.. kinda kinky sex? Let's have *more*, that was soo good (I get more money for my CTO Empire! and that corner office.. and more PFYs in stable).

CEO - What, me worry? I parachute outta here and do it again - I'm on everybody's BODs already. What was the name of this Company, again?

Only difference I can see between Their Taleban and Ours: B n'B are after only your business life and property - not your immoral soul (though religious fervor for Our Stuff is always rewarded.. with more frequent chances to re-buy Our Stuff).

Hook, line, sinker. From DOJ on down, seems they last as long as also lasts: <5% owning >60% of It All. Tame rabbits don't often organize for reform.

Oh well. Dystopias are like that, especially bizness ones.

Ashton
     Cringely makes the case Re: Why nobody has beaten Microsoft - (inthane-chan) - (13)
         To certain extent right - (JayMehaffey)
         I expected better from him. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             Pearls before swine. - (Ashton)
         Microsoft will lie, cheat, steal and work very hard... - (gdaustin) - (4)
             Woo-Hoo! Great story! - (jb4) - (3)
                 More - (gdaustin) - (2)
                     Very typical - (wharris2) - (1)
                         Now that you mention it... - (static)
         Microsoft listens - (tuberculosis) - (4)
             Re: Microsoft listens - (jb4) - (3)
                 That's the basic technique. - (inthane-chan)
                 Python and Perl run on it. - (admin) - (1)
                     Perl only sort of - (ben_tilly)

I swear it’s their damn business model.
36 ms