IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 9/11 attack planned for 10 planes.
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A45853-2004Jun16?language=printer|Washington Post]:

In addition to the targets that were hit on Sept. 11, Mohammed initially proposed crashing hijacked planes into the CIA and FBI headquarters, unidentified nuclear power plants and the tallest buildings in California and Washington state," the report says.

"The centerpiece of his original proposal was the tenth plane, which he would have piloted himself," it says. Instead of crashing it in a suicide attack, Mohammed would have killed every adult male passenger on the plane, contacted the media from the air and landed the aircraft at a U.S. airport. Then he would have made a speech denouncing U.S. policies in the Middle East before releasing all the women and children, the report says.

[...]

The final date was likely influenced in part by the targets chosen, investigators also found. An electronic communication between Atta and Binalshibh showed that Atta finally selected a date after the first week in September "so that the United States Congress would be in session."

Bin Laden strongly favored targeting the White House, and Binalshibh urged Atta to agree. But Atta was concerned that the presidential mansion was too difficult to hit, and backed the U.S. Capitol instead. The matter appears to have been unresolved as late as two days before the attack.

The latest report is [link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/nation/shoulders/CommissionStatement15.pdf|here] - 12 page .PDF.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: 9/11 attack planned for 10 planes.
If they had picked the CIA and FBI it would have been a public service.

These bumbling abduls-in-a-china shop are rummaging in the garage in the middle of the night, while pRez and crew, and that congenital idiot Ashcroft, are happily snoring.

Is there any doubt that incompetence is the word at all levels of American life? How do such nitwits get their employment?
-drl
New til recently the feebs would only hire accountants and liars
not the folks with the correct mindset to catch terrorists. The CIA is/was prohibited to hire anyone except nuns and clergy, no scumbags allowed.
thanx,
bill
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New No way that the "10th plane" plan could have succeeded.
As soon as the passengers realized they were killing the men en masse, there would have been a riot.
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
New They only needed a box of cable ties and to tell

everyone they would be ok and it would have been possible.

But possibly, only the once.

Doug

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!".

-- Leonardo Da Vinci
New I wonder how much of this is propaganda.
I heard an NPR report saying the commission had relied heavily on what Binalshibh had told them after his capture. Now, am I just over the top cynical, or might Binalshibh have a motive to lie about "how bad it really could have been"? I mean, the man's intention is to terrorize, so why not invent an even greater threat than the crime they were actually capable of pulling off?
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
New Bob Kerrey is no idiot
Why is he on the sidelines so to speak? Why did he quit the Senate?
-drl
     9/11 attack planned for 10 planes. - (Another Scott) - (6)
         Re: 9/11 attack planned for 10 planes. - (deSitter) - (1)
             til recently the feebs would only hire accountants and liars - (boxley)
         No way that the "10th plane" plan could have succeeded. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             They only needed a box of cable ties and to tell - (dmarker)
         I wonder how much of this is propaganda. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Bob Kerrey is no idiot - (deSitter)

Hey, they have color-coded detours here.
71 ms