1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Halloween - wheeeee
I get to pick over my kid's candy.

Bottlecaps!!!

I haven't had those in about 30 years!
New Apparently we had some trick-or-treaters.
Luckily I wasn't home at the time, so they received lollies instead of a lecture on cultural imperialism :-)

If Australians did make a fuss out of Halloween I think it'd end up pretty dull - our most popularly produced pumpkin has skin that is a dull greenish grey.
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Got exactly one on my doorstep this year.
Some little kid dressed up as a vampire.

Apparently, the local malls have been playing on people's fears of their neighbors, and sponser a "come down to the mall and get free advert^h^h^h^h^h^hcandy!" rally. So the community building that Halloween used to be is going away.

Sigh.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New went thru a roasting pan full of candy
took my 3yo across the street to her friends. They are columbian and had a lot of their friends come to trick or treat in our area. We had a group of 20 kids ages 3-7 6 milfs all dressed like jaylow teetering on heels with me an granpere bringing up the rear. It was fun. My 9 yo 1/2 filled a pillowcase. A lot of kids lots of fun.
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Just a topoff of the ongoing trend
For the past several years, just due to the run-of-the-mill crazies, the trend has been for malls or church parties than trick-or-treating.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New fall family festival
My [link|http://www.fpcm.org/|church] held a festival again this year. Two jump houses, a flush tank (like a dunk tank but with a toilet tank above and a person sitting on a toilet beneath), rope bridge, bobbing for apples, loads of other games and crafts, and of course trick or treating around the buildings. We were expecting over 1,000 people. I'm sure we easily exceeded that. The place was packed.

My wife was working in one of the craft rooms while I took our 2 kids and a neighbour kid around. My head was on a swivel to keep track of the three of them. 2 hours of madness and fun.
Have fun,
Carl Forde
     Halloween - wheeeee - (broomberg) - (5)
         Apparently we had some trick-or-treaters. - (Meerkat) - (3)
             Got exactly one on my doorstep this year. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                 went thru a roasting pan full of candy - (boxley)
                 Just a topoff of the ongoing trend - (wharris2)
         fall family festival - (cforde)

Oh, for the love of cheese.
118 ms