IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New RICO Lawsuit against Corp that provided Interrogators in
Iraq at Abu Ghirab. What was Marlowe sneering about a few months ago? sic the Lawyers on em?
[link|http://www.antiwar.com/ips/mekay.php?articleid=2783|http://www.antiwar.c...hp?articleid=2783]
Lawyers for Iraqis tortured while in U.S. custody have sued two private security companies for allegedly abusing prisoners to extract information from them with the goal of winning more contracts from the U.S. government.

According to the class action lawsuit filed Wednesday by the New York-based Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) and a Philadelphia law firm, the corporations conspired with U.S. officials to "humiliate, torture and abuse persons" detained by U.S. troops in Iraq.

The suit, which was filed in federal court in San Diego, California, names as defendants the Titan Corporation of San Diego and CACI International of Arlington, Virginia, that company's subsidiaries and three individuals who work for the firms.

Lawyers of at least nine Iraqi victims say they are seeking undisclosed compensation and to have the two companies barred from receiving future contracts from the U.S. government.
heh, could get interesting.
thanx,
bill
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
Asking the mole if he liked a pair of shoes was like asking a cat if he liked algebra: Andrew Vachss
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Also interesting is that this is a variation of...
"ambulance chasing". I bet those Iraqis did not come to the US to find lawyers.
Alex

Honor has not to be won; it must only not be lost. -- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860), German philosopher
New Of course, but ...

wouldnya like to see these lawyers win

Doug

(actually I hate seeing lawyers 'win' when their clients & victims probably don't - what I am really saying is I'd like to see the Iraqis win their case (even tho we all know it is the lawyers who do the real winning & pocketing of money))

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!".

-- Leonardo Da Vinci
New Imagine..
when, emulating the Great Emancipator (and folksy Oilman)

- the Iraqis acquire the same ratio of lawyers/normal-people as, right here in River City.

Imagine..
     RICO Lawsuit against Corp that provided Interrogators in - (boxley) - (3)
         Also interesting is that this is a variation of... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Of course, but ... - (dmarker)
         Imagine.. - (Ashton)

Languages and dialects with this one. thing. in. common.
36 ms