IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Is this regional ???

In Australia, when I went through military training. It had *none* of those characteristics - none !!!

We were yelled at, we were pushed hard, we began to regard the DIs as neanderthalers but we never were made to chant such slogans as we drilled.

We were aware of an image on US boot camps doing such things. On the other hand
we were not innocent when it came to giving some recruits a bit of a hard time (head down the toilet bowl & flush, boot polish on their balls, carrying them asleep in their beds onto the main parade ground, placing firehoses in other
teams barracks & turning them on full & running away).

I had friends at a nearby army base who delighted in telling us the things that
happened there & I don't recall any aspects related to chanting rhymes about what to do to babies, girls & women (let alone their men).

Hmmmmm !

Doug M

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!".

-- Leonardo Da Vinci
New Must be local to Annapolis
'cuz I've never seen, nor heard of such crap.

Some of the running "chants" may have gotten "suggestive", but that's it. Research sounds like everying based on one observation.

Other exmilitary please add your comments.

Ex 1SG.

Joe
New well our DI was the first DI to address the first women
officers in the Royal Navy. He gets them on the parade ground lines em up, hollers attention, the utters at top volume, "When I say attention I want to hear 40 cunts sucking air!" Needless to say he wasnt out there after that first parade. Now Anapolis would be marines, and marines are cannon fodder first class so may be a little rougher than other groups. Doesnt sound any worse than a rap song though. Conpare 50cent, no difference, same age group.
thanx,
bill
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K 813.273.3518

Time for Lord Stanley to get a Tan
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: Is this regional ???
I doubt it.

I expect I was exposed to more military-like rituals than most Muricans - in military schools (not 'Real' with heaped dead bodies, nor the amount of conditioning a lifer would experience. But real enough, in terms of the {imagined} power of the hierarchy - Over You.)

Combine callow youth, mono-gender + the innate massively hypocritical Puritanism of Murica -- and what you get / what I saw was: the wannabe West Point (or other) types attempted to set the standards they hoped later to emulate, including "Sound Off" pre-rap marching rap. It didn't get scabrous in those days .. (hell we Perfected euphemism in-all-things - then as now). Toy sojers, indeed - in the gung-ho ones. The rest of us just stayed out of the way of the True Believers. I had my own oases.. and the academics were good, for those times. I got stripes (for self-defense buffer) over the years; had to give 'em back a couple times - insubordination or whatever. Music saved my ass / and sanity.

But the ignorance of anything whatsoever to do with gender or natural functions guaranteed the virgin/whore simple-minded view of male dominance. Unchanged in many modern Neanderthals, I notice. Some of my cohorts indeed became Ossifers. (I could have gone to W.Point 3 ways; never had the slightest wish to.)

The only thing different I can see today is - any kid by now has had enough Tee Vee and now web-pix to remove any mystery about what's in the pants. This isn't much though, as the decivilizing of all has proceeded apace, the word whore is still flung about with precisely the same dominant/submissive mindset and -

we're all getting dumber, here anyway.

I find nothing at all 'unbelievable' about the performance of those clowns at Abu G. It's Not about 'desensitization' either -- very many whom I notice: have never been 'sensitized' to Anything! -- and feel right at home where there's the least amount of enforced civility.

They're ripe for getting MBAs next, where the mores of the hierarchy are not much different, despite the sl. different uniforms/suits and the pretense of all those fucking meaningless TLAs about Excellence cha cha cha.

Sic Transit and all that.

Ashton
     "The military's hazing hell" - (Ashton) - (11)
         Re: "The military's hazing hell" - (deSitter)
         More from the pig files - (deSitter)
         Is this regional ??? - (dmarker) - (3)
             Must be local to Annapolis - (jbrabeck)
             well our DI was the first DI to address the first women - (boxley)
             Re: Is this regional ??? - (Ashton)
         Yes, sure, the job of the military - (Arkadiy) - (4)
             - -NT - (deSitter)
             No, something is different - (deSitter) - (2)
                 Yep, maybe about that time. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Agree re conditioning - (dmarker)

I have a cunning plan...
58 ms