IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Even more depressing
are those who do not close their eyes, but blame the long-term unemployed for their own problems. Like holding out for the dream-job, etc. and being too lazy to work a lower job. Which is total BS, I know many long-term unemployed people who applied for jobs at enrty level jobs and even fast food joints and department stores and got turned down. One man I worked with is a baker of all things and he was a Unix, Oracle, FORTRAN, C, developer who worked for the Federal Government as a contractor. Once the Army base closed, he lost his job. I know of a Netware Administrator who cannot find a job for over 4 years now, and takes side-gigs of short-term contracting work to earn a little money. My next door neighbor is an OS/2 and Linux expert and has been out of work for over 3 years now.

Besides how is someone supposed to live on a low wage job anyway? When you used to work for the big bucks, you tallied up big bills to pay off. Your life-style changes and you learn to do without certain things. Minimilist living, as I call it.

I haven't been employed since 2002, and nobody wants to hire me even for the "joke jobs". It is like being on a black list that says "do not hire these people".

"What's the use of saving life when you see what you do with it?" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

[link|http://www.xormad.com:4096/district268|I am from District 268].
New Nasty problem of long term unemployment
One of the nasty problems of long term unemployement is that it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy of sorts. Hiring managers look at your resume, see that you have been out of a job for a year and think "there must be some reason this guy hasn't been hired." Thus the longer you go without a job the harder it becomes to get one.

Jay
New Agreed
it just gets worse.

My only hope is to start up my own business once I graduate from college.

"What's the use of saving life when you see what you do with it?" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New you are not unemployed you are on a sabbatical
to further your education.
thanx,
bill
Time for Lord Stanley to get a Tan
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Right I forgot
thanks for the reminder.

No relief in sight for long-term unemployed - (deSitter) - (10)
         Depressing - (imric) - (5)
             Even more depressing - (orion) - (4)
                 Nasty problem of long term unemployment - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     Agreed - (orion)
                 you are not unemployed you are on a sabbatical - (boxley) - (1)
                     Right I forgot - (orion)
         Cover of Newsweek May 31st,... The Working Poor - (gdaustin) - (3)
             It should hit the public library soon - (orion) - (2)
                 Budget cuts gutted our libraries in CA - (tablizer) - (1)
                     Oh well then - (orion)

A record-setting ne plus ultra of sheer imbecilic vacuity.
41 ms