IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 12
New Time for some "Grunt Work" on the Weekend
In exchange for homework tutoring, she needs to clean house, wash dishes, help weed the flower beds, mow.

Then politely remind her then, that people who don't get advanced educations end up doing these "boring" jobs the rest of their lives.

My father started a 2 year landscaping project at age 13, and I mowed, weeded flower bed, painted houses, etc. as chores from about age 11. It was the best "real life" lesson I could have ever had. By the time I graduated from high school, I was ready for college.

I really didn't want to end up mowing the rest of my life, so it was worth it.

Glen Austin
In exchange for homework tutoring, she needs to clean house, wash dishes, help weed the flower beds, mow.

Then politely remind her then, that people who don't get advanced educations end up doing these "boring" jobs the rest of their lives.

My father started a 2 year landscaping project at age 13, and I mowed, weeded flower bed, painted houses, etc. as chores from about age 11. It was the best "real life" lesson I could have ever had. By the time I graduated from high school, I was ready for college.

Glen Austin

Glen Austin

Glen Austin

Glen Austin
New Oops
In playing with my son with the beanbag and slow response, I accidentally posted this about 6 times.

My son wants to play some more, so I'll get off now. (I'm working from home because he's sick, ear infection. )
Expand Edited by gdaustin May 21, 2004, 02:42:57 PM EDT
New Time to start blocking dupe posts :-P (new thread)
Created as new thread #156242 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=156242|Time to start blocking dupe posts :-P]
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Time to stop drinking so much caffeine. :-)
New did someone say coffee?
[link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=148742|Post #148742]
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     ARRGG!! Homework again!!!! - (broomberg) - (22)
         announce age - (boxley) - (10)
             12 -NT - (broomberg) - (9)
                 Time for some "Grunt Work" on the Weekend - (gdaustin)
                 Oops - (gdaustin) - (3)
                     Time to start blocking dupe posts :-P (new thread) - (drewk)
                     Time to stop drinking so much caffeine. :-) -NT - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         did someone say coffee? - (drewk)
         "never use it in real life" - (Meerkat) - (10)
             Re: "never use it in real life" - (Gibbo) - (6)
                 Still do. But they have these nifty 'computer' things. -NT - (Meerkat) - (5)
                     Thank $DEITY for that. Computers make it possible for us to - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         That title gave me an error... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             How about this? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 No error there but.... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Don't let Her know about that :-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
             And I dare say that you don't know what you're missing - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                 But "pure math" is so much more beautiful than "applied". - (mmoffitt)
                 Re: And I dare say that you don't know what you're missing - (deSitter)

In th' stables, m'lord.
98 ms