IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New at work it may be you work firewall
I was able to get to that index but of course no issue with the login as I dont have one. et your firewall guy at work to see what if anything gets dropped when you try to get it.
thanx,
bill
Time for Lord Stanley to get a Tan
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Asked the manager but was told

none else is reporting any problems like that - just you :-)

They do have mail-marshall in operation & we have two proxy servers. I have tried both. The connection-refused part of it looks like a classic IDENT request failure. That I could understand as I am sure our Sidewinder / PIX firewall config, will block IDENT somewhere.

The situation at home mystifies me. One last test I will try shortly, is to remove my LAN & router & do a direct connect to ISP & see if my home server will get through then. But why would my work PC fail to get thru at work but work fine at home at the same time as my home servers won't get thru, they all go thru the same NAT firewall router ???

Doug
New Just eliminated home router as the block

This one of my servers is directly connected to big pond ISP and in addition I
shutdown ZoneAlarm Pro on this machine.

All I get is a timeout (rather than the connection refused message).

Doug
     Trying to solve an access problem - (dmarker) - (12)
         at work it may be you work firewall - (boxley) - (2)
             Asked the manager but was told - (dmarker)
             Just eliminated home router as the block - (dmarker)
         No help from me. - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
             Thanks for trying - perhaps someone outside US ... - (dmarker) - (4)
                 Re: Thanks for trying - perhaps someone outside US ... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     Peter - thanks. Can u get to www.emtec.com ok ? - (dmarker) - (2)
                         Re: Peter - thanks. Can u get to www.emtec.com ok ? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Again thanks - hmmm seems that their website isn't in US - (dmarker)
             Alex, just to eliminate all doubt, were these to the full .. - (dmarker) - (2)
                 Different. It timed out. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     OOOOPS ! - will check that again - (dmarker)

Why can't I own Canadians?
53 ms