IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I love this quote

At Yaffa's, business was bustling at 5 p.m. yesterday. "They emptied the shelves already for synthetic," said one saleswoman.

The already for will only come out of a Jewish mouth in that sentence. Sounds like my mother.

Ahh, and this one:

"I would look funny," she said. "One of the goals of modesty is to blend. When you wear a snood on the subway, you never blend."

Mutually exclusive goals. "Be modest", don't show your own hair. But instead, they buy wigs that can cost THOUSANDS of dollars, that look GREAT, in order to both blend in and be attractive. That indian hairis probably much nicer than their own. Is this modesty?
Expand Edited by broomberg May 16, 2004, 12:40:57 PM EDT
New Allow me to explain fashion:
cf. Library of Congress
New Mutually exclusive goals
It is a case where women are following the letter of the law but not the spirit. There is a big debate among Orthodox Jews whether these should be allowed or not, in fact, many women do not wear them precisely because of this reason. This view is more prevalent in Israel where women don't feel out of place wearing a head covering even at work. In the US more women wear wigs because many of them work and either can't come to work with some other kind of head covering or would feel very awkward, therefore they follow the letter of the law and wear a wig.
     Now, even Indian hair is considered evil. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
         bad as dam baptists and their attitudes against - (boxley) - (1)
             No argument there. - (a6l6e6x)
         So when I have a bad hair day I can blame it on, like,Satan? -NT - (Meerkat) - (1)
             Ummm____Siva? maybe -NT - (Ashton)
         I love this quote - (broomberg) - (2)
             Allow me to explain fashion: - (Ashton)
             Mutually exclusive goals - (bluke)
         Oh please - (Arkadiy)
         As usual you are completely off base - (bluke) - (2)
             So the hair is somehow changed by the intentions of - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Yes - (bluke)

Zeptotechnology is just around the corner!
50 ms