IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How in hell did this dim bulb end up with this job?
The scariest part of all this is that it appears he actually believes he was "chosen by god" The particular bent-brained Jesus flavor he follows has as one of its main tenents that the Armeggedon is not just inevtible, it is desireable. We have, as president, a man who believes in the Rapture. If he doesn't, he sure has led a lot of prople to believe he does.

You want a freak in the premier power position?

Anybody but Bush.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New It's worse.
Half the Murican people still want him in office.

Registered voters are in a dead heat among the two candidates, Kerry and Bush each garnering 47 percent. Likely voters -- those who say they plan to vote in the November election -- give Kerry a slight lead: 49 percent for Kerry, 48 percent for Bush.

[link|http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/06/gallup.poll/|http://www.cnn.com/2...5/06/gallup.poll/]
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
New Interesting commentary heard on local radio station
A PolySci professor was being interviewed. Don't know from which college/university or what else was being discussed, as I only tuned in while playing chauffer to my daughter.

Anyway the comment I heard was (probably slightly paraphrased) "How important are the poll results in May? Going back the past 25 years, no sitting president has been reelected where the May poll gave them less than 50%. This means that Bush will have a difficult time getting reelected."

Commericial break, and then I was home again.
New Okay, BUT
how is it possible that he has over 10%? I mean, even people not thinking about it, how can so many say they still support him? I don't get it.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Those who support him also have following bumperstickers:
My Country, Right or Wrong
USA, Love It Or Leave It
Fuck Iraq

Another worrying thing, it's starting. I read another [link|http://money.cnn.com/2004/05/10/news/international/saudi_opec.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes|CNN article]
Saudi minister seeks OPEC boost

Naimi says increased output needed to balance global supply and demand.
May 10, 2004: 8:20 AM EDT

DUBAI (Reuters) - Leading OPEC producer Saudi Arabia called on the oil cartel Monday to raise supply limits by at least 1.5 million barrels per day (bpd), just over six percent, to prevent high crude prices derailing global economic growth.

IIRC there were articles posted saying this was gonna happen to help the Shrub...

New Surprise! Surprise! God, it's so predictable...
bcnu,
Mikem

New How it's possible...
Some people agree with his policies. From the fence where I sit, I've agreed with about 75% of his decisions. He's batting higher than any other president in my lifetime. Contrary to the diatribes found in these fora, he has been a better Democrat than the previous one. He has somehow found himself on the right (left) side of many major issues as well as "middling out" (stem cell research) on some of the moral issues. He has been milquetoast pretty much his entire term except for his response to 911, which required decisive and strong response... He did that too.

Take away the 20% of the population that would vote for the devil himself if he were Democrat,
Take away the 20% of the population that would vote for the devil himself if he were Republican,
Come to the vast middle of undecided and non-voters for just a brief instance and you get an insight into why noone listens to folks who just sit around bopping their empty heads with slogans...
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New Funny, I'm in that 60%...
...and I still don't find him appealing.

I wouldn't mind a REAL conservative in office. I might disagree with him, but the venemous bile that I spew forth about that idiot masquerading as our "President" would be lacking.
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
New Ah... Forgot the LD factor.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Can you name any?
He has somehow found himself on the right (left) side of many major issues as well as "middling out" (stem cell research) on some of the moral issues.

Can you name any? Other then being pro-big government, I can't think of any thing he has done or any of his general policies that I would consider left wing.

Jay
New Patriot act Soviet in all but name
Time for Lord Stanley to get a Tan
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Decisions?
How long have you been insane? President sockupput making a decision? As if.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New The problem isn't with Jesus....
     "The Jesus Factor" on 'Frontline' soon - (Ashton) - (13)
         How in hell did this dim bulb end up with this job? - (Silverlock) - (12)
             It's worse. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                 Interesting commentary heard on local radio station - (jbrabeck) - (9)
                     Okay, BUT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                         Those who support him also have following bumperstickers: - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                             Surprise! Surprise! God, it's so predictable... -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         How it's possible... - (danreck) - (5)
                             Funny, I'm in that 60%... - (inthane-chan)
                             Ah... Forgot the LD factor. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             Can you name any? - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                                 Patriot act Soviet in all but name -NT - (boxley)
                             Decisions? - (Silverlock)
             The problem isn't with Jesus.... -NT - (gdaustin)

Just the facts, ma'am.
56 ms