IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Is the Middle East asking for U.S.-led help?
The problems are too deep rooted for that.

A culture that teaches their children that it is honorable to go on suicide bombings (I'm not talking about WTC, I'm talking about the suicide bombing of night clubs in Israel), which teaches its children to hate Jews (and has done so for years), is not going to be resolved by land grants or the establishment of a Palestinian state. At least not now.

I read an interesting article (which, dammit, I can't find) that suggests that if in 1948 they had named Israel "Palestine" instead, all this bloodshed could have been avoided.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Is there anyway that will get them to stop fighting?
I agree this is a difficult problem to solve. Don't you think Palestine must be recognized as a state as a first step? Where we go from there will be dependent on how both sides respond.

How do fueds end? How did the Hatfields and the McCalls end their vicious cycle of violence? How do most civil wars end? Do you see what I am getting at? I refuse to believe that any human conflict is unsolvable! I believe that people can grow up, and that they often need guidance from their compassionate brothers and sisters who have achieved success in the areas they are currently having problems with.

In my view, both Palestine and Israel are dying for attention and assistance, as well as most of the Middle East. The U.S. and others have been perceived as turning their back to the problem and hoping it would go away. Well it didn't go away and instead it came to America on September 11th. Now the sleeping giant has awoken and decided that it is time to confront the problem. First stop, pay a visit to Osama bin Laden, Al-Queda and the Taliban. Next, go after other terrorist networks that threaten humanity. Concurrently, help Palestine and Israel find a peaceful solution to their war. Perhaps last, establish International Law that aims to thwart these types of terrorist attacks and bring justice to the demonic criminals that commit such horrific crimes against humanity.

Are their any history buffs out there who can throw me a bone in regards to solving fueds and tribal wars?
New turning out backs?
>> The U.S. and others have been perceived as turning their back to the problem and hoping it would go away. <<

Clintion spent much of his time in his last months in office trying to resolve the problem. (It is said that he wanted to acheive peace there so that he would be known in the history books for more than just hosing around with interns.)
Since September 11th, our focus has changed. Now all terrorist networks will get the attention they seem to demand. Maybe it's not the type of attention they wanted, (all out war against them from the entire civilized world), but it's attention none the less.

I guess it's true what they say, be careful what you ask for. You might just reap what you sow.
New read Bruce Catton extensively
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
     Is the Middle East asking for U.S.-led help? - (brettj) - (9)
         Re: Is the Middle East asking for U.S.-led help? - (wharris2) - (4)
             Is there anyway that will get them to stop fighting? - (brettj) - (3)
                 turning out backs? - (tablizer) - (1)
                     We went after key people, not the root of the problem. - (brettj)
                 read Bruce Catton extensively -NT - (boxley)
         A cry for help? - (marlowe) - (3)
             As seen on a CNN interview yesterday. - (brettj) - (2)
                 No. No need to analyze terrorism. - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Terrorism definition and goals. - (brettj)

This sort of marketing only works with clothes, oddly enough.
68 ms