IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: A point being missed IMO
There are actually 3 issues that keep geeting confused ad nauseum. One is bombing OBL & Bases, another is bombing Taliban for getting in the way. The third is bombing such that any massive civillian disruption occurs during winter when food may not be readily available & it is Ramadan.

Doug, with all respect, I think you're the only one here getting "confused" about them.

1&2) Its widely reported that OBL and the Taliban are linked in almost every way, that OBL is the actual head of the Taliban. The Taliban's provided logistical and other support, and so they are the *same* as OBL and Al' Queda. The Taliban aren't "getting in the way", they're bodyguarding. In order to take out those terrorist camps, we'll have to take out the Taliban. (most of whom aren't even Afghan).

3) the massive civillian disruption has already taken place. Unlike the Taliban, hiding behind civilians, hoarding/stealing food, our aims are to protect civilians. Again, the _fastest_ way to help people is to get the Taliban *out of the way*. (This is a moral judgement I'm making, granted, but there's lots historically to back me up).

The Afghan people didn't choose the Taliban - and the Taliban's been murdering it way across its controlled areas ever since. They've reportedly killed several hundred in recent weeks, you'll note that's more than our bombings have.

Food's not readily available *now*, what is available is being seized by the Taliban.

I can only offer to agree to diasagree with your 'perspective' on this - I had assumed we had reached the end of any attempt to find common ground on our differing depths of perception.

Cheers

Doug
I can only offer to agree to diasagree with your 'perspective' on this - I had assumed we had reached the end of any attempt to find common ground on our differing depths of perception.

Doug, you never attempted to find ground, you just kept saying the same thing over and over, and in rebuttal to what I asked you, bringing up other issues - but just bringing them up (like "doesn't the stability of Pakistan..." but no *explanation*).

So I find offense at the insinuation that you *did* do that. I explained best I could what I was saying, and just kept running into Glassian arguments.

As for your assumptions, well, as long as you keep pulling a Glass, I might well comment on said same - just as I would with Glass. I might decide its not worth it, like I often do with him, as well.

Addison

We are so far apart on communicating that I did attempt to find one starting point we could either say yes or no to. We don't seem to reached that. What this tells me is that we may well have different styles of argument & debate. That is neither your or my fault.

In order not to get into name calling or insults or personal attacks, I feel we need to find a topic where we can see common ground, even if different aspects, then we might be able to make progress debating things.

I don't hold it against you or me if it transpires that we think in different ways and at different levels, thats life. The most progressive debates occur where each side asks for clarification without being insulting. That is one common area we haven't found during this Afghan Ramadan discussion.

Cheers

Doug
(please take clear note that I have made no negative reflections on you at all - now you try & do the same)

Why it's ok to blast away on Ramadan - (rsf) - (14)
         lexicorient.com - (broomberg) - (4)
             Re: The Ramadan issue - (dmarker2) - (3)
                 My strategy.... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                     Does Ke Sahn and Dien bien phiu ring a bell?(spelling sux) - (boxley) - (1)
                         Re: Does TET Offensive - (dmarker2)
         A point being missed IMO - (Silverlock) - (7)
             Re: A point being missed IMO - (dmarker2) - (6)
                 Re: A point being missed IMO - (addison) - (3)
                     Re: A point being missed IMO - (dmarker2) - (2)
                         Re: A point being missed IMO - (addison) - (1)
                             Re: A point being missed IMO - (dmarker2)
                 Something wrong with the logic? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     Re: Something wrong with the logic? - (dmarker2)
         UK may halt bombing in Ramadan - (bluke)

Bad hair often requires a good hat.
68 ms