IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hot dogs rule at ballpark

For example, the famous Dodger Dog in Los Angeles is supplied by a local meat packer named Farmer John. And you won't find this hot dog in any supermarket. The Dodgers actually own the special formula that Farmer John uses for Dodger Dogs.

The Dodger Dog was a breakthrough frank. In 1958, it was the first regular frank to break the standard 6-inch mold. Dodger Dogs are 10-inchers, still the longest regular frank in the league.

Hot dogs at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Calif., are made by Wienerschnitzel. Fenway fans eat dogs from Kahns and Hebrew National. Astros fans munch hot dogs made by Decker. In Wrigley, the Chicago supplier is Armour. Phillies fans, when they're not heckling the umpires, bite into Hatfield franks.

Gone too are the days when vendors patrolled the stands hawking hot dogs simmering in lukewarm water. Now, if you're willing to scout the stadium, you can find hot dogs cooked on flat grills, steaming tables or roller grills like at the movie theater. Boiling is so yesteryear.

At Camden Yards in Baltimore, hot dogs are baked. At Coors in Colorado, they're cooked in convection ovens. At Angel Stadium, if you visit the Autrey's BBQ stand, you can get a 1/2-pound All-Star Dog charred over an open flame.

The top-selling hot dog stadium in 2003 was Wrigley Field, with fans eating 1,892,130 franks. They would have sold more if that possessed fan hadn't interfered with a foul ball in the playoffs.

Most regular hot dogs are 1/8th of a pound and go for around $3. Some ballparks sell kiddie-sized, 1/10th-pound dogs for half-price. In Pittsburgh, the kid's dog is only $1.

Several stadiums hold special "Dollar Dog Night," with regular franks for $1. That's when you skip lunch.

The most expensive frank on the menu is that 1/2-pound monster at Angel Stadium -- $7.50. I'll take two.

Mustard is the favorite condiment at every ballpark except one -- you got it, Minute Maid Park in Houston. Ketchup rules in Space City.

[link|http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/dining/drivethru/2503393|source]

Ketchup - on a hot dog? Now I know Texans are nuts. And for a truly great Chicago dog, ya gotta go with Vienna or Dave Berg all beef dogs - Armour just doesn't compare.
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
Expand Edited by lincoln April 15, 2004, 08:41:31 PM EDT
New Hebrew national Nathans Sabrettes, then comes Vienna
Armour? hot dog fit for a King, here king come on boy.
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New /me puts ketchup on hotdogs.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New you prolly put ketchup on icecream :-)
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
New That's nasty.
Ketchup goes on hot dogs, hamburgers, hash browns, and french fries.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Exactly
Except that every so often I have to have fries with vinegar on them instead.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Fries with Bleu Cheese dressing. Mmmm...
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Bah, sauerkraut or meat chili and onions go on hot dog!
And I'm with Box on Hebrew National dogs being tops.
Alex

Sacred cows make the best hamburger. --Mark Twain
New If you're near Philly, Medford are the best
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New That too.
And a dill pickle slice or relish.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New It's pretty good on scrambled eggs too.
But many vegetarians don't enjoy such things.

Cheers,
Scott.
New You're right.
I prefer a 3-egg omelet with sauteed onions, cheddar cheese and hot sauce to scrambled eggs. ;-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

Expand Edited by admin April 15, 2004, 10:17:13 PM EDT
New the correct answer was only if it needed it (Archie Bunker)
New And potato chips and macaroni and cheese
according to my daughter...
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
New Rockies dogs are huge
and can be ordered with grilled peppers and onions, Mmmmmmm.

Democracies are not well-run nor long-preserved with secrecy and lies.

--Walter Cronkite
New That's good on a bratwurst too.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Yah - dey got da big polski-dogs too.
I forget which the Tigers serve - Kowalski's or Great Lakes dogs. I remember Great Lakes dogs - mighty good.

--Walter Cronkite
New Best Hotdog I ever had
was when I was visiting the US, of course. I figured when I was there, I had to sample the national dish :)

The mustard should have had inverted commas around it, such was its lack of flavour, but still, with cheese & onion, it was delicious. For a hot dog.
John. Busy lad.
New Local store named "Frankfurter"
[link|http://www.thefrankfurter.com/|http://www.thefrankfurter.com/]

They make some incredible sausages of many different varietys - sadly, they don't do so well locally, probably because so much of Seattle is on a health kick, and sausages don't exactly have a sterling reputation healthwise.

Very crisp, very tasty, mmm...

Oh, and their lemonade isn't bad, either.
Nobody wins in a butter eating contest
New restaurant suggestion
[link|http://www.jamesconeyisland.com/|James Coney Island] has good Chicago style hotdogs. Looks like there's a location near your house too - 740 S. Mason Rd., Katy, TX. 77450
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/cgi-bin/spa.pl?album=./Artistic%20Overpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
New Coney Dogs are a Detroit Specialty
Although I see they have both classic coneys (mustard, chili, onions) and chicago (dog under salad) styles.

--Walter Cronkite
New Kids eat free Wednesdays after 4 PM
wife has taken them there on several occassions while I was working out-of-state. However, their latest visit faced a new and uncooperative manager. Seems the new lady manager believes that only ONE kid per family can eat free when accompanied by a paying adult, in violation of what it says on the marquee underneath the sign.

I've had their Chicago style dog - it's pretty good. Ditto for their Polish. I'll have to ask them who their meat supplier is.

But I'll still take Portillo's any day (restaurant chain in Chicago metro area with around 20 stores). Only Vienna brand pure beef, sesame seed bun, etc.

lincoln
New Re: Kids eat free Wednesdays after 4 PM
For what it is worth, the ones I got to have signs on the wall from Vienna.

I've always understood "kids eat free" to mean one free kids meal per paying adult. I could see these places rapidly going under if 'welfare mom' brought her 6 kids in and expected to feed everyone for $5.
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/cgi-bin/spa.pl?album=./Artistic%20Overpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
New Re: Kids eat free Wednesdays after 4 PM
May your daughters alway have husbands who support your grandchildren!
....a former welfare mom, now a widow of 5!
     Hot dogs rule at ballpark - (lincoln) - (23)
         Hebrew national Nathans Sabrettes, then comes Vienna - (boxley)
         /me puts ketchup on hotdogs. -NT - (admin) - (11)
             you prolly put ketchup on icecream :-) -NT - (boxley) - (10)
                 That's nasty. - (admin) - (9)
                     Exactly - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Fries with Bleu Cheese dressing. Mmmm... -NT - (Silverlock)
                     Bah, sauerkraut or meat chili and onions go on hot dog! - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         If you're near Philly, Medford are the best -NT - (drewk)
                         That too. - (admin)
                     It's pretty good on scrambled eggs too. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         You're right. - (admin)
                     the correct answer was only if it needed it (Archie Bunker) -NT - (boxley)
                     And potato chips and macaroni and cheese - (lincoln)
         Rockies dogs are huge - (tuberculosis) - (2)
             That's good on a bratwurst too. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                 Yah - dey got da big polski-dogs too. - (tuberculosis)
         Best Hotdog I ever had - (Meerkat) - (1)
             Local store named "Frankfurter" - (inthane-chan)
         restaurant suggestion - (SpiceWare) - (4)
             Coney Dogs are a Detroit Specialty - (tuberculosis)
             Kids eat free Wednesdays after 4 PM - (lincoln) - (2)
                 Re: Kids eat free Wednesdays after 4 PM - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                     Re: Kids eat free Wednesdays after 4 PM - (feets)

One shall be the number of Mojo Jojos in the world, and the number of Mojo Jojos in the world shall be one. Two Mojo Jojos is too many, and three is right out!
83 ms