IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Strict new anti-P2P bill passed by House
[link|http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-5182898.html?tag=nefd_top|http://news.com.com/...html?tag=nefd_top]

The PDEA--the result of intense lobbying from large copyright holders over the past six months--has emerged as a kind of grab-bag that combines other proposals introduced in the past but not approved. One section that first surfaced last year punishes an Internet user who makes available $1,000 in copyrighted materials with prison terms of up to three years and fines of up to $250,000. If the PDEA became law, prosecutors would not have to prove that $1,000 in copyrighted materials were downloaded--they would need only to show that those files had been publicly accessible in a shared folder.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Hmm, Windows Networking?
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Can we arrest all the Democrats on the juidiciary committee?
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Not unless we can arrest the Repos too...
Nobody wins in a butter eating contest
New the excerpt I read was that the person making available
gets the penalty, not the receiver. Would be a nice set of unintended consequences. In real life congress is specifically excempt from federal criminal laws.
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Whoops, missed what you were talking about.
Makes sense now... :P
Nobody wins in a butter eating contest
     Strict new anti-P2P bill passed by House - (admin) - (5)
         Hmm, Windows Networking? -NT - (drewk)
         Can we arrest all the Democrats on the juidiciary committee? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
             Not unless we can arrest the Repos too... -NT - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                 the excerpt I read was that the person making available - (boxley) - (1)
                     Whoops, missed what you were talking about. - (inthane-chan)

It’s not just cellphone batteries that drain more quickly in roaming mode.
43 ms