IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Well, it's obviously not to your taste
I'll tell you why - because as an old APLer, I was thrilled with Perl in the beginning. A coworker asked me to evaluate it for a project he was working on - he wasn't a programmer as such. I was with it a few days when I started noticing how irritated I was when trying to read the code. I'd never really been emotionally irritated by something as abstract as a language, so I started looking into the history of it. A few of the ponderous smart-ass screeds of Wall gave me my answer.

I would give anything if there were a profitable programming skill I could at least tolerate. I love programming, but all the beautiful idioms are dead in the water. That is why I bitch.
-drl
Collapse Edited by deSitter March 26, 2004, 01:24:06 AM EST
Re: Well, it's obviously not to your taste
I'll tell you why - because as an old APLer, I was thrilled with Perl in the beginning. A coworker asked me to evaluate it for a project he was working on - he wasn't a programmer as such. I was with it a few days when I started noticing how irritated I was when trying to read the code. I'd never really been emotionally irritated by something as abstract as a language, so I started looking into the history of it. A few of the ponderous smart-ass screeds of Wall gave me my answer.

I would give anything if there were a profitable skill I could at least tolerate. All the beautiful idioms are dead in the water. That is why I bitch.
-drl
     Perl code to generate a blank .gif file - (admin) - (13)
         Oh "my" - niceness spoiled by language gouges -NT - (deSitter) - (6)
             ? -NT - (admin) - (5)
                 the "my" keyword is wonky-wonky-wonky - (deSitter) - (4)
                     No, local would NOT be just as good - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                         Not tied to the word itself - (deSitter) - (2)
                             Well, it's obviously not to your taste - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 Re: Well, it's obviously not to your taste - (deSitter)
         How about style nits instead? - (ben_tilly) - (5)
             Re: How about style nits instead? - (admin) - (4)
                 Question - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                     can't get there from here - (cforde) - (2)
                         Whom God favors, he shall be allowed the half measure of Tab -NT - (deSitter)
                         Look at the root post... - (ben_tilly)

I R UR GRAMMER NATZEE GAWD.
132 ms